Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We develop systems, such as ambient character behaviors, group behaviors, combat behaviors, and more.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule.
- A sharp eye for qualitative issues is essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1+ year game programming experience.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills: Knowledge of geometry and linear algebra.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Prior experience with console programming.
- Prior experience with AI, Animation, Debugging, Optimization and/or Networking.
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to explore future technologies.
- Passion for games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products.