PRIMARY FUNCTION(S)See More
Our client seeks two AI/ML Python Software Engineers to support the research and development of AI and machine learning (ML) projects utilizing Agile development and deployed to a cloud environment. This provides an ideal opportunity for novel AI/ML technology development for national security, as a member of a small collaborative team, with access to both subject matter experts and unique data sets. The client technical staff will design the system architecture and simulation environments with input from the Engineer. Under the guidance of client technical staff, the candidate will perform the coding, development, implementation, integration, and testing of these systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The candidate will work in support of technical staff from multiple groups developing algorithms, datasets, simulation environments, assets and interfaces used in the development of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, and autonomy projects. The candidate must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Python in a mixed Windows/Linux environment. Experience with supporting frameworks for visualization and display is highly desired.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• PhD plus 5 years’ experience OR MS plus 8 years’ hands-on AI/ML experience is required. The academic degree will be in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Experience in lieu of education will be considered
• The candidate must have expertise with Python development and AI/ML tools and libraries, along with modeling and visualization frameworks. Experience developing innovative applications in a research environment is especially useful.
• Extensive experience with Python Applications
• Experience developing simulation environments for cloud deployment
• Experience truthing and working with image-based data sets
• Strong object-oriented development skills
• Experience with modern development tools such as GitHub, etc.
• Experience with container-based deployment tools, such as Docker
• Understanding of the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process
• Work well with in a fast moving, small team environment
• Experience developing simulation environments for use in AI/ML and machine vision applications
• Expertise in basic machine learning tools (PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.)
• Experience with cloud-based architectures, such as AWS
• Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Familiarity with multi-user simulation environments
• Familiarity with developing artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning
• Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP)
• Existing Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance is not required, but considered a plus
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA (Temporary remote at the sole discretion of the lab)
• Travel: Infrequent
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Valid through: 3/5/2021