$100K — $150K *
The Maximus Emerging Technologies Center of Excellence (CoE) is a startup within a global organization whose mission is "Helping government serve the people." We support our lines of business in transforming how governments serve the people and improve their lives, through the adoption of emerging technologies.
In the role of an AI/ML Engineer, you will collaborate with teams in advancing the applied use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), support the end-to-end implementation of AI/ML solutions, work with engineering teams in integrating AI/ML solutions into their solutions, and investigate tools while supporting the deployment of MLOps platform. The CoE provides a unique opportunity in making a difference to citizens and society, while embracing an inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration in an environment that is committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development.
Working in the Maximus Emerging Technologies CoE means that you are passionate about developing and mentoring teams and accelerating the adoption of technologies globally. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable stepping up and taking ownership, orchestrating new possibilities, constantly innovating and willing to explore and challenge the status quo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute towards the curation, development and dissemination of AI/L related educational materials
- Contribute towards the curation, development, and promotion of playbooks, best practices, standards such as Responsible AI, and lessons learned
- Support AI solutions from scoping through deployment and monitoring
- Collaborate with engineers, solution architects, project managers, and our services teams, to design and implement models and experiments from end to end, including data ingestion and preparation, analysis and modeling, model deployment, monitoring and documentation
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and builds AI/ML models to support our lines of business
- Collaborate on the selection and piloting of platforms (e.g. MLOps) and tools for the CoE
- Maintain current knowledge of AI technology landscape and emerging developments; attend tradeshows and conferences.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of experience
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing end-to-end (scoping, design, development, testing, deployment, and monitoring) AI/ML solutions.
- Experience in design thinking, lean startup and agile project management practices.
- Experience implementing solutions within cloud environments including container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with scientific and machine learning libraries e.g., SciPy, Scikit-learn, NumPy, spaCy.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Experience with ML Ops frameworks
- Strong software development skills.
- Proficient in at least two programming languages including Python
- Proficient in building data processing pipelines.
- Proficient with developing predictive models on structured data (regression, classification, clustering, time-series),
- Proficient with Natural Language Processing
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Valid through: 11/10/2021