Data Infrastructure team within the Siri organization powers analytics, experimentation and ML feature engineering to power Siri we all love in our Apple devices. The mission of the Data Infrastructure org is to provide cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for ingesting and processing data and help the teams that build data intensive applications be successful.
The Data Infrastructure team is looking for a leader who wants to bring their passion for infrastructure to build world class infrastructure products. You will build and lead our data infrastructure team and help the members of your team grow both technically and professionally. You will work with many cross functional teams and lead the planning, execution and success of technical projects with the ultimate purpose of improving Siri experience for Apple customers.Key Qualifications
5+ years of experience working with distributed systems like big data processing engines (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark), streaming systems (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Kafka), or resource management systems (e.g., Apache Mesos, Kubernetes)
2+ years experience leading and growing successful backend or infrastructure teams that consists of software engineers
A passion for building and maintaining systems that scale with focus on high availability and ease of use
Experience managing expectations and relationships with multiple stakeholders and project teams across various functional areas
Demonstrated ability to partner with recruiting to grow technical teams
Excellent communication and leadership skillsDescription
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Responsibilities will include
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
- Drive technical and cross-functional projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Measure and improve the reliability of data infrastructure systemsEducation & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experienceAdditional Requirements
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.