$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Requisition Number 18-0277
Title AI and Analytics Research Software Engineer
Position Type Full-Time
AI and Analytics Research Software Engineer
Do you like developing new and innovative software solutions to solve real world problems? Cray is looking for an experienced Research Software Engineer to research and develop cutting-edge new technologies for Cray's AI software stack. Cray's AI and Advanced Productivity team provides data scientists the tools they need to tackle some of the world's most difficult data analysis problems. We work closely with domain experts applying AI to diverse areas such as Astrophysics, Genomics, Climate Science, and National Security. We also work closely with emerging applications at the intersection of Simulation and Modeling with AI and Analytics. Cray's software stack includes open source data analytics, machine learning frameworks and libraries, resource and container management, collaboration toolkits, and more. We are looking for candidates that can quickly learn about complex systems, integrate open source analytics and AI projects, write application code, understand data science workflows, trouble shoot and debug distributed systems.
This position requires strong technical skills at Cray. As a candidate, you will be challenged to dive deep on specific tasks and areas of code, while also developing a breadth of skills. You will be responsible and involved in tasks encompassing the ideation, design, development, testing, documentation, and support of Cray's system software products. A successful candidate will be able to work, collaborate, contribute and communicate effectively with talented and knowledgeable peers on the team.
• PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area required
• Experience with AI workflows and applications required
• Good amount of experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe or other Deep Learning frameworks.
• Significant experience working in a research-oriented environment
• Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the-box thinking highly desirable
• Familiarity with Spark or other Open Source analytics software is a plus
• Experience developing software in a Linux environment is required
• Proficiency in Python required
• Relevant industry experience with production code is a plus
• Proficiency with C/C++ desired
• Knowledge of and/or experience with operating system architecture, distributed systems, and/or high performance systems is a big plus
• Familiarity with Agile software development and related tools a plus
• Experience with shell scripting is desired
• Great verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to work as part of team is required
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize work and deliver software projects on time
About Cray: Global supercomputing leader Cray Inc. (Nasdaq: CRAY) provides innovative systems and solutions enabling scientists and engineers in industry, academia and government to meet existing and future simulation and analytics challenges. Leveraging more than 40 years of experience in developing and servicing the world's most advanced supercomputers, Cray offers a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers and big data storage and analytics solutions delivering unrivaled performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray's Adaptive Supercomputing vision is focused on delivering innovative next-generation products that integrate diverse processing technologies into a unified architecture, allowing customers to meet the market's continued demand for realized performance. With Cray's relaxed work environment and amazing benefits, take the initiative to join a company of dedicated innovators. Your next is now at Cray.
Valid Through: 2019-11-5