This role ensures AGS Academies continue to provide unique competitive value for service teams. Requires in-depth knowledge and experience of Project Management, Curriculum Development, Adult Learning Principles including live, live-online, and WBT modes of training. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.Key Responsibilities
- Curriculum Development: Expertly applies the ADDIE principles to all training solution sets. Identifies the optimal solution set based upon intended outcome, target audience, client expectations, and resource constraints.
- Training Development: Exceptional design skills using PowerPoint and other tools to create interesting and engaging training content.
- Project/Program Ownership: Exceptional project planning, tracking, and oversight skills to ensure projects are created and released on time, on budget, and on spec.
- Project/Program Management: Ensures that specific project and program objectives are defined for areas of responsibility, and that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of completion.
- Project/Program Management: Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion. Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with Company policies regarding Engineering/Lab notebooks, patents, confidentiality and safety.
- Training Facilitation: Experience facilitating adult learning classes live or live-online.
- Adult Learning Principles including designing training for global technical and non-technical audiences using multiple learning modalities.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in Learning and Development, and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Possesses some level of knowledge of semiconductor industry and semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of organizational change management principles and tools.
- Has knowledge of and experience working in professional, adult-training environments. Able to quickly assess a business problem and identify skills and knowledge gaps, then has a large tool box of L&D solutions to apply.
- Is aware of some of the major challenges faced by a service organization within the semiconductor industry.
- Trusted colleague: acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Can advise, consult, and coach on a large variety of topics.
- Consulting skills: not just an order-taker, but demonstrates the ability to influence others, including executives, to solution sets that solve high value problems.
- Build and maintain a high degree of trust, respect, and credibility with global senior stakeholders.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Competent solving problems using sound problem solving methodologies.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams by ensuring people have the knowledge and skills to perform at a high level.
- Works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Able to navigate each situation and migrate from being highly innovative where needed, or less innovated where needed. Adaptable to the optimal outcome for the client.
- Comfortable collaborating with highly technical engineers and executives about L&D topics in a way that helps them quickly and easily understand.
- Fun and easy to work with. Global clients and colleagues find it easy to get positive results.
- Has a wide training industry network from which to consult.
- Bachelor's Degree, Adult Learning or Education.
- Other advanced degrees accepted with relevant experience (science/technical degree and experience preferred). Should possess several training industry certifications.
5 - 9 Years
Bachelor's DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:
4 - 7 YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:
Yes, 25% of the TimeRelocation Eligible:
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.