Do you have at least eight years of Agricultural production experience? Do you possess a degree in soil science, or agronomy crop production? Do you live or are you familiar with the Columbia Plateau area? Can you positively contribute to a team environment? Do you have a high-level of professionalism with strong oral and written communication skills? If you said yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Technical Support Agronomist in the Willamette Valley. The Technical Support Agronomist (TSA) is responsible for supporting Wilbur-Ellis crop advisers with product selection and use practices that best fit their growers’ agronomic needs through trial development to determine highest ROI. The Technical Support Agronomist works directly with the Field Development Committees, crop advisers, and management to identify the nutrition, plant protection, and branded products that offer the best solution for their regions agronomic needs.
Key Skills and Abilities Include
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with field personnel, peers, customers, and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in soil science, or agronomy crop production
- 8years’ experience or education is preferred
- Knowledge of agricultural production and sound crop and soil science
Key Personal Attributes Include
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates including hot or cold weather extremes
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite applications
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include
- Communicate with geography managers and crop advisers the nutritional, plant protection and branded product initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- Work as a team member in the analysis and optimization of the Wilbur Ellis nutritional and crop protection products data base
- Responsible for maintaining the yearly Field Development work plan list
- Responsible for recording or coordinating all Field Development trial work data in a central standardized format
- Assist Field Development Committee and managers in the development of an annual business plan that optimizes growth in our nutritional and branded product segment and profitability for the territory
- Assist Field Development Committee and managers in implementing marketing and sales plans; establish and meet R&D goals/objectives; and network with industry representatives, sales staff, and branded product personnel to expand sales opportunities
- Responsible for collaboratively developing and recording the “Key Learnings” from trial work each year and send to Marketing Department for publishing
- Assist in the development of new products
- Responsible for field trial design and implementation
- Maintain and organize trial and testing products/chemicals and related paperwork (MSDS/SDS)
- Submit and follow rules for State Experimental Use Permits as required
- Participate in trial evaluations and data collection, including plant tissue, soil, misc. crop samples, and recording of visual observations
- Conduct field trials efficiently and effectively in a quality manner with minimal supervision
- Help track and manage supplier funds that have been committed to us for trial work
- Help organize and host internal and external field days
- Strictly follow all company policies which includes safety & regulatory
- Participate in industry grower meetings, promoting the sound science and data base of Wilbur Ellis’ offerings and strategies
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to earn a performance based bonus based on results
- All applicable company benefits including a company vehicle
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.