Bowery is seeking an experienced Agricultural Systems Manager to focus on daily critical system operations that promote crop yield and quality in our farms. You will be responsible for the system health of each farm, supporting the introduction and operationalization of new products and be a critical partner in analyzing datasets, present results to help guide key business decisions around yield and quality performance. You’ll be supported by Bowery’s proprietary farm management software, BoweryOS, which delivers unprecedented support towards monitoring crop development and maintaining efficient operations. You will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers, computer scientists, agricultural scientists, growers, business operators and farm operations where your work will meaningfully impact the evolution of the indoor agriculture industry. In partnership with a Grower you will provide input around crop variety trials, the development of Bowery’s proprietary BoweryOS software, and the overall direction of our new product development and yield-focused Agricultural Sciences team. This is a multi farm role focused on an expanding number of farms and will require some travel.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll work with a team of Agricultural Technicians to ensure farm health is maintained across critical systems, disease and seed management as well as nutrient and environmental performance.
- Diagnose crop performance and provide feedback to the Agricultural Operations and Agricultural Science teams.
- You’ll support our food safety program by optimizing system performance to manage environments and spaces more effectively.
- You’ll influence daily activity and recommend new techniques and processes that will make our farm operators more efficient and effective.
- You’ll recommend new monitoring and control systems that give Bowery increasing levels of control on the most important variables for plant growth.
Who You Are:
- You have experience in controlled environment agricultural (CEA) environments such as hydroponics, aeroponics, or aquaponics. You have a familiarity with the major technical systems of an indoor farm (irrigation, lighting, HVAC, nutrients, food safety, etc) and familiarity with the sensors and analyses that are used to diagnose their performance.
- You are “tech fluent” and excited about the prospect of helping to build new technology to change the nature of farming.
- You have demonstrated experience in basic water chemistry and nutrient management. You are experienced in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting complex data.
- You are able to intuitively determine system issues and root cause complex issues in a growing environment, and can recommend and efficiently implement changes to remedy common issues.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator who easily shifts between technical discussions and layperson’s terms.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and satisfaction of your teammates.
- You believe a better future is possible, set big bold research goals, get focused quickly, and take your work seriously.