Agribusiness Sr Commercial Banking Relationship Manager
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region's credit portfolio quality and participates in processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of moderate to complex relationships including direct lending, smaller club-deals or agented syndicated facilities, and/or complex participation bought relationships. This position is the mid-level of the Relationship Manager job family.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understands current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Cash Management, Syndication, and the Capital Market Group.
- Assists in obtaining financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintaining individual credit files for all existing customers. Participates in analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Collaborates in write up of all Credit Requests, Variances and other correspondence related to the relationship. Presents credits at loan committee. Works with loan administration in the review and negotiation of loan documents.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Prepares quarterly loanreports on existing portfolio.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth, and new business development, and will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecard.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
- Strong comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.