Job ID: 15151BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
In this role you will be part of the Travelers Enterprise Capabilities Office (ECO) that is responsible for providing and coordinating services which enable teams and divisions to improve solution delivery across Travelers. TheAgile Transformation Coach will be working at all levels to help the organization use Agile as a strategic asset ofculture change and delivering business value.
The individual in this position will be responsible for aiding the migration to and adoption of Lean Agile practices including Kanban, Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This includes supporting teams and divisions withtheir Lean Agile transformations, coaching key Lean principles, Agile practices and ceremonies, and supportingthe broader coaching community.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires an experienced IT professional with a solid understanding and experience with coaching Lean Agile practices and methodologies (Scrum, SAFe and Kanban). The primary responsibilities of this position include:
Help drive adoption and maturity of Kanban, Scrum, and/or SAFe Lean thinking and practices for teams, programs, and divisions across Travelers
Improve application of Lean Agile principles and practices
Assess team, program, and division maturity with Lean Agile practices
Establish and implement metrics to optimize delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability
Guide and mentor leaders and other coaches in Lean Agile principles and practices
Serve as a change agent and thought leader
Embrace, model, and foster a culture of Lean Agile thinking
Participate in both the internal and external Lean Agile community to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience coaching Scrum / Kanban teams or Agile Release Trains
- Ability to be an advocate for and influence the Lean Agile transformation
- Proven team player with the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders from management to practitioners
- Knowledge and experience with SAFe (SA, SPC preferred)
- Understanding and experience with value stream mapping
- Experience in coaching/training teams and trains from small to large scale and informal to formal practices
- Experience in change initiatives, serving as a change agent
- Experience with Agile Lifecycle tools such as Agile Central, Version One, Jira, or similar
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication including presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills with proven relationship-building experience
- Strong facilitation, influencing and listening skills
- Experience launching and stabilizing SAFe Release Trains
- Experience with Agile Central (aka: Rally)
- Related Certifications (SAFe Certifications, KPM, CSM,CSP,CSD)
- Experience leading agile transformation within large organizations
- Experience developing and delivering training
- Involvement with Lean, Kanban, and/or Agile organizations
- Development Experience utilizing xP, Experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager or experience withLean Startup or LeanUx
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs. Charged with mid-Project recovery of at risk Projects. Recommends rescoping, postponement, or cancellation as needed. Provides substantive feedback to organizational learnings regarding improving Project Management execution.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.