CSRA is seeking a hands-on Agile Software Developer / Technical Lead with strong ASP.NET, C#, MVC and SQL experience to design and develop Web-based applications. You will provide hands-on programming and software design. You will also mentor junior developers for our development team supporting the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB) Cyber Technology Staff Augmentation Program (CTSAP).
On this program, CSRA is supporting over 70 custom and COTS applications, both Web-based and client server applications. OCICB Software Engineering Branch (SEB) develops custom software applications for NIAID's user community consisting of approximately 4,500 intramural and extramural employees, contractors, and collaborators. Additionally, applications are increasingly being developed for access by the public, and so the scope and visibility of any developed application may be unlimited. Custom applications have been developed in the following functional areas: Scientific Reporting Services and System Support; Grants Management Systems; Contracts Managements Systems; Human Resources Management Systems; Administrative Management Systems; and Other Management Systems.
The ideal candidate should have strong software design and development experience and be very comfortable in learning an existing product and adjusting product architecture as customer requirements or technology evolves. The candidate should possess excellent communications and planning skills and be able to lead a team of developers in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Work closely with the Federal program manager and program technical lead to define robust, best practice architectures for new applications, leveraging and enhancing existing modules, or creating new reusable components
- Enhance and maintain existing applications per customer requirements
- Provide recommendations for optimal product design and architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolves
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Provide level of effort planning estimates for application change requests and defect resolutions
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to other team members as required
- Run daily stand-up meetings as required and in concert with the program technical lead
- Assist in establishing and updating application release plans
- Manage and perform Web application deployments
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues and provide resolutions in a timely fashion
- Serve as the primary customer contact for the development team in concert with the Federal Program Manager.
- Maintain traceability between requirements, design and test cases
- In short, we are seeking a person who can lead an Agile development team who has significant hands-on development experience.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in a technical discipline with 9+ years experience in Web development or a MS degree in a technical discipline with 7+ years related experience (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Minimum of 9 yearscurrent, in-depth experience with hands on development/coding in .NET (C#) 2.0 or higher, HTML/XHTML, CSS.
- Experience with MVC and Entity Framework, as well as knowledge of other .NET design patterns, such as MVC API, WCF, Windows Services.
- MS SQL Server (2008 or higher) T-SQL and stored procedure programming design and development experience
- Experience in developing, designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level Web applications
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, Build Server and Release Server, and continuous Integration.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development process and DevOps (including continuous integration/continuous delivery (CICD) and associated automation techniques)
- Experience in full SDLC to include application design and coding techniques, as well as a thorough understanding of installation, testing methodologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Proven experience in designing technical software solutions using industry best practices
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Automated Regression Testing
- Experience with AngularJS and Web API
- Experience with DevOps
Attributes for Success:
- Exceptional communication and planning skills will be highly valued and considered a substitute for some listed technical experience.
- Position is for full time employment and will be based at our customers office in Rockville MD (metro accessible).
- Schedule is Monday - Friday around normal business hours, with the opportunity to telework one day a week once established and with manager approval.
- This program offers a great balance of work and life; as well as a variety of interesting and challenging software development!