Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Develops software changes to the Air Force system.
- Support implementation of AF policies and Agile processes
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning and managing own tasks and reporting progress
- Collaborating closely with all team members
- Take shared responsibility for the overall efforts committed to by the team
- Take responsibility for the quality of the software produced
- Use version control to version your code and documentation
- Support assessment of software changes including impact analysis, level of efforts across the SDLC
- US Citizenship
- Ability to pass National Agency Check with Law Enforcement and Credit (NACLC) or equivalent.
- 5+ years software development experience
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- Experience coding and sustaining system including the following technologies: Java, .NET, Oracle Forms 12c
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented software design
- Experience configuring systems on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux and MS Windows 2012 environment
- Must be a creative thinker who can work well on a team
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Experience with AF Transportation application
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
- Experience with CMMI
- Experience working with Air Force Systems sustainment policies and processes
- CMOS application experience
- Security+ Certificate
- NACI Clearance or higher