Agile Project Manager / Solution Owner
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job Number: JO-1803-2813
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 4,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom Orange County / San Diego is actively seeking a talented, experienced Solution Owner to work as the software delivery expert for Slalom-built solutions. As a Solution Owner, the individual will lead software delivery teams and be the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Teams. Working independently, the individual is capable of leading by role or influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on an iterative software development team including project manager, scrummaster, quality analyst, business analyst, or functional analyst. The primary responsibilities of this role include working with stakeholders to understand their business and technical requirements, building and managing the product backlog, and successfully leading agile projects through their respective life-cycles.
Job Title:Agile Project Manager / Solution Owner
- Define and work within an agile project governance framework (e.g. establish team cadence, run Scrum ceremonies and backlog grooming sessions, etc)
- Lead the agile software delivery team, manage issues and mitigate risks
- Be the functional and subject matter expert for the solution and act as the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Team
- Work with the Product Owner to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Owner’s requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams
- Work with the engineering team, in particular the Solution Architect, to define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables for the project
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and work products/prototypes
- Work with and lead QA teams in the execution of test plans, verification of sprint feature releases, assistance in triaging defects for engineering & QA teams
- 7+ years of consulting experience in Agile Software development as a Project, Product or Program manager for a major consulting firm or creative agency
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing life cycles
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Skilled at defining and documenting business and functional requirements for ongoing system enhancement initiatives in iterative software development environments
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Familiarity with Agile delivery toolsets (e.g. JIRA, TFS, etc)
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issue
- Strong experience within software engineering specifically mobile, DevOps & modern web
- Familiarity with all types of technical documentations (process maps, BRDs, system diagrams, user experience, application maps, test plans, user stories, etc)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including: sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communication, Business or other related technical field
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.