At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, security, reliability and accuracy.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Agile Project Manager to join the Customer Management Value Stream, the group at OnDeck with the mission to drive customer engagement and support all aspects of customer experience post loan booking.
You will be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration throughout the product development cycle of our Loan Processing Systems, while keeping true to tech, product & design principles. Your job will be to amplify the effectiveness of this complex, cross-disciplinary team, as well as collaborate with key stakeholders.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years working in technical project/program management roles, preferably in financial platform teams working with complex systems
- You have practical experience with agile and lean values, principles, and techniques
- Preferred: You have PMP certification
- You have experience running large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate status at a moment’s notice
- You are flexible, and use your judgment to apply the model and approach that best fit with the context
- You confidently and coherently communicate across the organization, translating complex ideas for stakeholders.
- You’re a supreme communicator within your team and bring clarity to the projects you take on: defining goals and success measures, freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You are the glue that keeps software development projects together from conception to implementation. You ensure the right people across the organization are coming together to collaborate and deliver on functionality that moves the business forward.
- You are a champion of awesome!
What you’ll do
Working with team leads, you will help drive, and own outcomes for key internal and cross-functional initiatives, in support of the Customer Management Value Stream mission. You will have a broad array of responsibilities including:
- Project Management (primary responsibility)
- Manage multiple agile software development project teams through delivery
- Work with Scrum Master to ensure development team’s backlogs are groomed and planned
- Establish, track, and communicate milestones and delivery dates
- Work with vendors and ensure they deliver on their commitments
- Support project management best practices within the Customer Management Value Stream
- Track action items and decisions
- Ensure project status is communicated
- Identify stakeholders - who needs to be involved, who needs to be aware.
- Identify work streams and teams potentially impacted by new functionality
- Ensure central source of project information is created & maintained
- Facilitate effective meetings and ensure the team is collaborating at appropriate intervals
- Ensure engagement and signoffs from all stakeholders as needed
- Ensure security and architecture reviews are occurring
- Help resolve blockers when they are identified
- Help make your project team be awesome
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014