The Agile Program Manager will be responsible for leading critical, high-profile technology programs in support of FMI's portfolio of products and initiatives, often in the context of a jointly managed business-technology team. Individuals in this role build and maintain close relationships with key Business Stakeholders, the Sr. Technology Leadership Team, and various Product Teams within the Technology Organization. Agile Program Managers are also expected to build the practice for project management in technology, including establishing and implementing program execution processes and standards and mentoring more junior project managers in the organization.
- Responsible for driving the successful delivery of the technology solution in support of the program.
- Facilitate scoping, planning, and execution efforts across agile technology teams and business / operational teams.
- Monitor program status and track key milestones.
- Manage and track issues and risks and escalate appropriately.
- Identify and ensure program dependencies are understood and managed by all impacted teams.
- Adhere to FMI quality standards as part of program execution including regulatory components (e.g., IEC, ISO, FDA and/or other regulatory bodies, etc.).
- Represent technology to all program stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery.
- Provide clear and accurate status updates to varying stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the development of and successfully implement new standards, gather feedback, and make iterative improvements.
- Foster communication amongst teams; drive teams to self-organize communications, meetings and working agreements.
- Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders including senior leadership, business product owners, and business / technology stakeholders.
- Exemplify and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Able to act as a supportive and collaborative team player in a diverse setting.
- Self motivated and self organizing.
- Natural, innovative problem solver and works well with teams to identify solutions.
- Able to fluently communicate between business and technical teams.
- Exhibits strong emotional intelligence and ability to read people and situations intuitively.
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience managing complex programs spanning multiple technology teams and stakeholder groups
- Prior experience in the role of project manager, scrum master, and/or product owner
- 5+ years working a technical leadership role, with prior hands-on experience a significant advantage
- Demonstrated experience in a decision making role and able to work with little supervision to achieve results
- Experience with Atlassian tools JIRA, JIRA Portfolio, and Confluence
- Able to manage by influence and work in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrates a strong leadership presence and ability to drive good decision making
- Presents a strong grasp of project management concepts including Agile delivery methods
- Experience in a regulated biotechnology and/or life sciences role a significant plus
- Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional credentials a plus