Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle — whether you’re looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company’s finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
Agile & Program Leadership Manager
Grant Thornton is seeking an Agile & Program Leadership Manager to join the team in Dallas. Alternative locations for this role include Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, Houston and Washington, DC only.
The Agile & Program Leadership (APL) practice is a national group covering financial services, consumer products, healthcare and manufacturing. In the APL solution family, we are focused on delivering IT Strategy, Governance, and Architecture for large scale transformation projects. Our consultants are a master of most Agile Methodologies and Frameworks while still being highly skilled in traditional Project Management. This candidate needs to be able to quickly identify client needs, execute the solution, and expand the transformation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients with organization-level methodology strategy, transformation, and implementation (Lean, Agile, DevOps, cloud solutions).
- Assist clients with Agile delivery and the development of Agile and scaled Agile processes, tools, and controls
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, Run Agile ceremonies, sessions, workshops, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Use metrics, KPI’s, and other data points to make project decisions
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of six (6) years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or related field
- PMP certification or certification in pursuit preferred
- Certifications in Agile preferred (Scrum Master, Product Owner, etc.)
- Prior relevant consulting experience required
- Experience with Agile tooling required
- Experience in an Agile environment required; complex organization experience preferred
- Experience with Merger integration, Change/Content Management, IT Strategy, IT Integration, IT Architecture and Enterprise Architecture preferred
- Experience with Agile and PM tools (JIRA, Rally, MS Project, Excel, etc.) preferred
- Experience with DevOps, Automated Testing, Change Management or Design Thinking preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and virtual communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed
- Travel up to 80%