General Purpose: Agile Product Owner/Business Analyst: Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues. May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Development of Business Requirements – Agile Product Owner/Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering, understanding and defining both the functional (and non-functional requirements as required) that are necessary to deliver new and/or enhanced products, services, programs and processes. Draft and write use cases. Use cases will be written to bring clarity to any requirements for both the business and technical stakeholder associated with the project. Delivery of Product Requirements will apply to both the Definition Stage of the project as well as any subsequent Change Controls. The Agile Product Owner/Business Analyst will ensure that requirements are developed according to agreed upon departmental and company standards within timelines, budget and quality. Includes development of release notes.
• Analysis & Documentation of Current State – As part of requirements and often necessary for creation of a Vision & Scope, business analysts document current state including process flows – an important artifact needed to assess and outline changes for future state. The documentation and analysis may be required as well outside of more formal Vision & Scope activities and can be part of process improvement initiatives.
• Issue Resolution – Agile Product Owner/Business Analyst will field and answer all questions from business and technical stakeholders to bring clarity to requirements.
• Testing – Though not responsible for UAT or QA, the Agile Product Owner/Business Analyst is accountable for ensuring that delivery matches intended features and functionality.
• Project Stewardship – Working with PMO, responsible to champion and report on projects within Product Management governance. Monitor spending versus budget.
• Communications – Provide constant product communication to internal and external stakeholders. Distribute stage gate documentation in advance for review. Notify key stakeholders as appropriate.
•Impact - This position impacts revenue, gross margin, pre-tax margin, and profit. There is maximum impact to the organization if cost reductions are not monitored and/or acted on to maintain pre-defined margin rates. This position will impact customers’ (internal and external) perception of WEX and whether or not a customer is satisfied with our product(s). This position will impact the product development life cycle and whether or not we win or lose against our competition. And it can impact our relationships withinternal and external customers.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration • Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or a related field • 5 years of relevant industry experience. • Experience with SDLC methodology • The position places a high need of knowledge and/or experience in software development and business process. • Working with customers, product / marketing, sales and technical services is required. • Candidate must have solid analytical skills and demonstrate all of WEX’s core competencies. • Must be proficient using a computer and working with software applications: Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Project, Power Point and Outlook. • Must pass a successful background investigation.
Preferred Qualifications • Digital (Online/mobile) product development experience • Fuel payment industry • Telematics; Data Analytics • Held similar position at payment company • Experience with PeopleSoft, Siebel PMP; Process Improvement certifications; Agile, Product Owner, Team Management