What you’ll be doing….
In this role, you will be a leading force in founding, developing, and delivering a Leadership Academy for all of Product Development at Tableau, and contributing toagile transformation strategy and roadmap. You and your team- mates willsignificantly impact the growth and effectiveness of leaders at all levels of our 1000+ person Product Development organization, in a multi- thousand-person company, delivering innovative software and services to over 50,000+ customer organizations. We are investing heavily in the growth and development of leaders to ensure that as we scale our company, we are grounded with world-class agile tools, training, and coaching that helps us grow, while evolving our excellent culture.
The Management Coach is first and foremost a great coach and trainer that really understands what it takes to manage and lead in an innovative agile software organization. You are a go-getter who will help Tableau as we transition to a truly agile software company. You want to help nurture a culture at Tableau where people love going to work every day because they feel the organization genuinely supportsthem becoming deeply engaged in delighting customers. You believe in Agile and can discuss why TDD, CI, and Pairing work and what kind of cultural change is needed to support them. You probably use personal kanban to help stay focused. You'll probably have a task board in your house to help organize chores and projects. You’ve acted as a Scrum Master for multiple teams and love to coach teams in this transition. You understand the manager transition required and are able to coach and train with both agile concepts and other coaching and leadership tools and techniques. You are comfortable facilitating pivotal discussions with groups from 2 to 200. You are able to coach in a way that re-enforces the concepts taught inleadership training which is developed specifically for our product development organization. You also love designing trainings that meet the needs of the audience. You have many teachable points of view. You are a natural at inspiring others to grow and learn, whether the learning is how to transition to agile, basic managementskills, or more complex leadership or agile mindsets.
Sound like you or someone you know?
- 5+ years experience coaching teams or leaders in software or high tech companies
- 5+ years experience training, including a background in modern training techniques
- 2+ years experience managing or contributing on an agile team that practices scrum or XP in a software organization
- You have deep expertise in agile concepts as applied to software Product Development such that you can coach and train with credibility, speak thelanguage of the audience, and understand the common challenges and opportunities.
- You have experience improving processes that deliver high quality services toyour customer.
- You have strong project management experience and know how to deliver ona multi-month complex project that has many dependencies.
- You have proven you can collaborate with others to produce high quality, in-person leadership trainings.
- You love to facilitate trainings, off-sites, or programs for technical product development teams (software engineers, designers, product managers, etc). You will be part of the leadership development team who develops and delivers leadership training. Your training is repeatable, scalable, and aligned with agile principles. Your trainings use modern techniques and emphasize interactivity.
- You will collaborate with your team-mates to define and design content and trainings. We are all hands-on: your tasks may include managing the logistics and program management of delivery, producing facilitation guides or job aides, or making sure facilities are appropriate for the training goals.
- You will be part of the coaching bench, focused on management and leadership coaching from ICs to Directors or higher. You have a known track record for being a great coach, and are comfortable handing issues that range from process, to management, to HR issues, to career counseling, to personal growth, and so on.
- You will help capture and articulate our leadership philosophy and what it means to be agile at Tableau, and look for ways to bring the Dev organization in to alignment with this and the company philosophy.
- You may be responsible for identifying and evaluating both internal and external resources, including recruiting more talent to help us meet the demands of a fast growing Dev organization.
Who you are…
- You are open to learning and integrating existing Tableau core leadership material in your practice. You are experienced yet flexible enough to adapt your wisdom to integrate the core philosophy we seek to promote.
- You work collaboratively with a team, sharing ideas and tools, helping your team mates to be successful and work better together: accomplishing more than the sum of its parts.
- You are a driver who self-manages, yet keeps others informed, recommends and implements process improvements and structure as needed, and can take projects that involve a variety of people and functions from concept todelivery.
- You are the type of person who would help nurture a culture at Tableau where people love going to work every day because they feel the organization genuinely supports.
- You love serving others and get deeply engaged in understanding and delighting your customers.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you willbe asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!