We are looking for Agile Java Developer for our client in Montreal, QC
Job Title: Agile Java Developer
Job Location: Montreal, QC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Mandatory Skills: Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Working on-site at a Montreal based service provider as part of a scrum team, you will be collaborating closely with both the customer and our Ottawa-based R&D teams
- Working in a highly collaborative AgileScrum team, you will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, supportable and demo the software products to stakeholders
- Working as part of a team, you will collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- You will be accountable for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
- You will actively look for opportunities to innovate, and drive continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Bachelordegree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, REST APIs
- Experience working in an AgileScrum environment
- Experience with Linux
- Extra Credit: Exposure to Virtualization and Cloud technologies such as TOSCA, YANG, NETCONF, OpenStack, VMware, OpenDaylight would be a bonus, but not a requirement – the capacity to learn these technologies is what we really need!