Servant leader, who organizes product and project teams by setting up and leading application development initiatives. This person will also help mature the Agile / DevOps Practice across the department in close collaboration with the Agile Process Chapter.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar with minimum 5 years of IT experience
· Experience in leading Agile / Lean IT Operations teams for at least 4 years
· Experience using Agile backlog management tool(s), preferably JIRA..
· Expert knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban, Scrumban, DevOps, etc.
· Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, working with Design Spikes, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment Pairing, Automated Testing..
· Experience in implementing infrastructure projects in SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and FaaS cloud environments.
· Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through; interest in and affinity to create new projects and see them through to completion
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to maintain composure in a dynamic environment and promote a learning environment and a sensible and logical approach to issues
Computer Skills Required (including level of expertise):
· Experience with using Agile Backlog Management Tools, Jira experience preferred.
· Extensive experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint/presentation software,
Responsibility (main responsibilities of the job. Must include 'Other duties as assigned', and may include responsibilities for financial authority, and, representing APA to members and outside organizations):
· Prepare for and facilitate daily standup meetings, biweekly sprint planning, review, retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and planning poker sessions for multiple (2-3) technical teams
· Facilitate and prepare for external end-of-sprint demonstrations
· Create, maintain, and organize backlog of features, epics, stories, and tasks in JIRA
· Provide input to release planning using team capacity and skill set information
· Compile, analyze, and present statistics about time estimation accuracy, team velocity, and burn down rate to manage each sprint
· Meet with capability owners and IT Tech Leads to introduce scrum and program processes and outline expectations
· Identify common issues across teams (e.g. communication, constraints ) and lead the implementation of new solutions
· Communicate team progress and dependencies with other team leads (Scrum of Scrums)
· Interface with business, test, and user support teams to receive requirements information and forward updates on feature progress
· Create graphics and metrics that are used for executive briefings.
· Be an advocate for the Agile, DevOps and Lean methodology
· Other Duties as Assigned:
· Prepares both status and financial summaries of projects.
· Helps business to solidify requirements and work with team members on solutions.
$150K - $180K