We are looking for Agile Coach with SAFe Experience for our client in Media, PA
Job Title: Agile Coach with SAFe Experience
Job Location: Media, PA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- The Agile Coach is responsible for designing a strategy for the organizational adoption of Agile.
- This includes every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
- The Agile Coach uses techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation to implement Agile process, principles and practices across all levels and departments in an organization.
- In doing this, the Agile Coach must also embody the Agile principles and lead by example.
- As strong leaders and advocates for the adoption of Agile, the Agile Coach is assertive about adherence to Agile processes and enthusiastic about Agile practices and their benefits.
- They are both educators and coaches, and thus possess great interpersonal skills, teaching abilities, and a capacity to inspire and motivate.
- In order to stay ahead, Agile Coaches are self-starters and must constantly be updating their information, attending conferences, and continuously learning.
- The Agile Coach educate employees at all levels, including senior, and at times clients, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work.
- They provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies.
- As a mentor, the Agile Coach is responsible for guiding teams into the Agile methodology, providing feedback and means of improvement, promote organizational growth and answering questions.
- The coach provides hands-on support to all squad/tribe members, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
- This person is responsible for collaborating with the Agile CoE and OCM to develop an approach and value proposition that delivers an agile culture and methods in organizations as a stream in a digital transformation journey
- Engage with stakeholders across all levels of client organizations to ensure that the business is prepared to accept and adopt new and modified digital and/or agile technology, processes, ways of working and organizational structures and agile as the approach to creating and implementing them
- The agile coach is usually part of a Tribe and acts as a 'Tribe-independent consultant' creating a high-performing Tribe by challenging, coaching and inspiring Squads and their environment in terms of content, culture and process based on the Agile ways of working
- The goal of an Agile Coach is to enable teams to establish and embed agile ways of working.
- As such, the agile coach leads in implementing the agile methodology, often for the first time, meaning that in addition to coaching they are driving organizational change.
Knowledge/Experience Required (Essential/Desirable):
- Agile projects expertise, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, patience, innovation, creativity, and problem solving orientation.
- A college degree in computer science or information technology.
- A minimum of five years consulting experience
- Three years of experience of agile operations
- Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies/Cadence meetings- Sprint planning, Daily stand-ups, Reviews, Retrospectives, Release planning, Product and sprint backlog grooming and Sprint demos
- Track and communicate team velocity, sprint progress and daily burn down charts
- Coach and assist the team with relative story sizing/estimation, task definition and Acceptance/Doneness criteria.
- Responsible to remove blockers, identify and mitigate risks and issues within the iteration/prod release.
- Resolve conflict, remove impediments, improve morale and establish clear goals by effectively managing timelines and shared resources with special emphasis on building relationships.
- Use of JIRA or other systems for quality assurance tracking and closure, task boarding, upstream management reports identifying burn-down rates and required budgeting and resource planning.
- Develop training collateral and deliver training to all parts of the organization.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics experience strongly desired
- Change management experience highly recommended
- Scrum Coach certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience coaching at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies
- Consulting skills in a digital transformation
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in a team
- Pro-actively create internal & external networks
- Work well with other coaches and consultants
- Create and deliver compelling business presentations
- Excellent communication skills and IT business acumen
- Familiar with Agile framework support tools such as VersionOne, Rally, JIRA, TFS, Lean-Kit, etc.
- Familiar with PROSCI and ADKAR change management models
- Create, adapt and implement HCL's methodologies for client-specific situations
- Develop and deliver plans for a sub-phase within a delivery program.
- Build relationships with client leads based on mutual respect and commitment
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Contribute to the crafting of complex solutions and development of proposals
- Awareness of HCL's commercial accountability on engagements & contributes towards delivery
- Identify opportunities for sell-on business within client engagements and convincingly articulate HCL capabilities and offerings to clients
- Working with organizations and teams to implement Agile as a method and as a culture – Spotify, SAFe, DAD, Lean and other agile approaches – to transform the way that organizations operate and develop products and services.
- Collaborate with the Organization Change Management capability to deliver an integrated approach to organization transformation.