As part of our transformation to a member-centric company that leverages integrated retail to serve members, we are embracing Agile methodologies beyond technology development. This is a unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of change and the implementation of Agile into the execution of company strategy.
The Agile Coach will manage a number of active Products, Projects and Processes while ensuring the Agile methodology is being followed. This role will work with stakeholders inside the organization to understand the nature of the work, while working cross functionally across Business Units and third parties to ensure successful execution. The role will also evangelize the Agile processes throughout the organization as well as coach and mentor new adopters of Agile. Success will be measured in terms of the overall success of the projects and products the coach oversees.
- Works with stakeholders and business leaders to understand the business needs; supports business in defining the vision and product backlog through Agile methodologies.
- Drives accountability of individuals for analyzing current state, developing a target state approach, and facilitating implementation. Partners with the business to understand the business case, develop business requirements, and assess impacts to people, processes and technology.
- Coaches and mentors business leaders and team members on the use of Agile in specific and general scenarios.
- Evangelizes Agile across the organization through in state work as well as displaying execution of projects / products.
- Supports business leaders execution by identifying scrum teams, scrum masters, product owners and stakeholders.
- Trains scrum teams on the use of Jira to track all work. Works with technology to set up Jira for Products and Projects.
- Responsible for the overall execution of a portfolio or Products / Projects through oversight, on hand support and direct interactions with the specified business group.
- Develop and maintain progress status through reporting out in a summary / dashboard format to stakeholders.
- Identify constraints in Agile teams and / or in the general environment and develop solutions to help to remove them.
- Responsible for assisting needed culture change in order to ensure Agile is a success in the organization. Help develop methods to integrate Agile into the working experiences of others.
- Will communicate the business priorities to stakeholders and other necessary parties on a continual basis to ensure transparency and visibility. Will communicate project status and results on the entire portfolio on an ongoing basis.
- Will support ongoing training sessions performed by the Agile Office.
- Responsible for developing out the foundation of the Agile Office while working with the other members of the office to include but not limited to Support Materials, Training Materials, Dashboards, Scorecards, Jira Software Setup, Communications Channels (email, intranet, newsletter).
- In specific scenarios, this role may need to step in and become a Scrum Master if the current Scrum Master is not able to perform, or if we have a shortage of this role.
- Organization of Products and Projects is critical to the success; must maintain schedules of Sprints, Scrums, Planning Sessions, Demonstrations, etc.
- Must maintain a Product Backlog to show the current in state projects as well as the next highest priority projects.
- Will maintain a resource capacity scheduled to display available resources in different functions to support the Agile team.
- Supports Change Management functions associated with Agile within the organization.
- Develop and socialize potential risk situations, with recommendations to mitigate them.
- Effectively communicates with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed.
- Responsible to drive execution of all work by focusing on True MVP (minimum viable product).
- Successful experience in a role of similar responsibility and / or two plus years' experience in Agile methodologies.
- Deep knowledge of Agile (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean) teachings and capable of helping teams to address. dysfunctions that may result from teams misinterpreting, ignoring or rejecting Agile values and principles.
- Must be a certified Scrum Master.
- Experience working across multiple project types.
- Strong degree of business and financial acumen partnered with a customer focus.
- Structured thinker that can develop and clearly articulate methodologies for making decisions.
- Experience leading change and managing through influence – particularly in a matrix organization.
- Track record of prioritization and execution; attaining high productivity and efficiency.
- Experience with Jira and Scaled Agile Framework highly preferred.
Req/Job ID: 907615BR