The Agile Coach is responsible for driving cultural change within agile teams, by providing ongoing coaching for teams and leaders. They guide them through an agile transformation, so they can focus on delivering business value to our customers.
In addition to promoting the use of agile practices and being a champion of agile principles and values, the Agile Coach will actively support the use of communities of practice.
Fostering a positive dialogue with stakeholders, the individual will facilitate the sharing of lessons learned, retrospectives and other artefacts to continually improve and enhance agile practices at the Bank.
An experienced agilest, you will be supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices.
Key Job Accountabilities:
As an Agile Coach you will maximize the efficiency and performance of agile teams
- Work together with the Scrum Masters and supporting them to accelerate team productivity
- Consult the Business and stakeholders to remove barriers and evolve practices to facilitate the delivery of agile solutions at scale
- Coach and mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners, agile teams and management in addition to introducing thought provoking techniques (i.e. impact mapping and design thinking), tools and concepts in order to enhance release planning, agile ceremonies, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Transfer knowledge and help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing the outcome, collaboration, and quality practices
- Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
- Participate in improving the team’s development practices, to ensure sustainability, security, and efficiency of the code base
Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile transformation
- Lead and coach the organization in its digital transformation, sharing successes, lessons learned and provide vision to accelerate transition
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences, departments and levels acting as an advocate of the agile methodology
- Identify opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements
- Ensure cross-team coordination and sharing of lessons learned
Act as a role model and as change agent to support the organization through successful change
- Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment across agile teams, fostering open communication to help surface/remove constraints, structure cohesive retrospectives and promote creativity within the team
- Foster an environment where failures represent learning opportunities, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Coach the team and provide guidance in organizational environments in which agile is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Coach product owners/business sponsors, partners and stakeholders to fully understand and feel empowered to incorporate agile in their lines of business
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, information sciences or other related field
- 4+ years of experience as part of an agile delivery team or as Scrum Master and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major agile organizational initiatives
- 2+ years of People Management experience is highly desirable
- 2+ years of experience as an Agile Coach is desirable
- Certified Scrum Professional Certification or similar advanced certification (CST) is an asset
- Kanban Certified Professional or similar advanced Certification (AKP) is an asset
- Is a true team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading with humility and confidence
- Takes accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills)
- Has an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback
- Embraces change and sees it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- Demonstrates flexibility and is able to move forward without having all of the answers
- Consistently seeks to understand, meet and deliver on customers’ expectations
- Deep understanding of agile with hands-on experience in Scrum
- Excellent facilitation skills in leading teams in the adoption and improvement of agile mindset
- Adaptive coaching style with the ability to work with teams at various levels of agile adoption
- Good understanding of software technologies and of the various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Agile, Incremental and Iterative, Scrum-ban, Lean).
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of sprint velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute against sprint roadmaps.
- Advanced knowledge of the application of agile practices and principles, incremental delivery and experience with metrics to effectively measure: execution, performance, benefits and value.
Requisition ID: 21772