The Agile Coach is responsible for driving cultural change within the enterprise by leading organization-level and business-line-level initiatives, enabling teams, managers, and senior leaders to espouse the Agile transformation, and providing ongoing coaching to help them achieve more than they thought possible.
You will actively participate in the re-design of organizations to maximize their effectiveness through organizing for the early and frequent delivery of meaningful customer and business value. Through negotiation, persuasion, and leading by example, you will help partners to adopt an agile mindset that will continually improve organizational agility at all levels within the Bank.
What will you do?
- You will lead the transformation of business lines through engagement with leaders, managers, and Agile teams.
- Identify and work with key partners to frame the business case for agile transformation and ensure their sustained engagement and support for the duration of the initiative
- Obtain authorization to initiate the transformation and support the framing of communications to the affected organization
- Gather a cross-functional working group who will lead the transformation and act as their coach and subject matter expert to drive desired outcomes
- Develop a deep understanding of how work and value flows through the organization through close observation of the current state and capture this information in clear, understandable documentation
- Define the future capabilities of the organization, its target structure, and a roadmap for achieving the transformation
- Identify the critical metrics the organization can use to track its transformation progress
- Provide training and coaching to agile teams and their management as needed; help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing the outcome, collaboration, and quality practices
- Remove organizational impediments and provide insights into more effective ways to achieve objectives
- Coach and mentor Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile teams, and management
- Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on Agile transformation
- Participate actively as a member of the Agile@Scale team, collaborating in team activities such as sprint planning, retrospectives, swarming on impediments, etc.
- Support Communities of Practice through participation, including facilitation, coaching, giving talks, etc.
- Communicate effectively across the Bank to diverse audiences, departments and levels acting as an advocate of the Agile methodology
- Ask difficult questions, be focused, compassionate and uncompromising
- Effectively communicate the bank’s long-term vision and strategy to inform/influence partners (e.g. business executives) of how agility will drive the attainment of those strategies
- Act as a role model in living the Agile methodology and as change agent to support the organization through successful change
- Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment across Agile teams, fostering open communication to help surface/remove constraints, structure cohesive retrospectives and promote creativity within the team
- Foster an environment where mistakes represent learning opportunities, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Coach the team and provide guidance in organizational environments in which Agile is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Coach product owners/business sponsors, partners and stakeholders to fully understand and feel empowered to incorporate Agile in their lines of business
Are you the right person for this role?
- You're a true great teammate who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading with humility and confidence
- You take accountability for results and exhibit a “can do attitude”
- You demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills (self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills)
- You have an appetite to challenge the status quo, pursue difficult problems and seek/give constructive feedback
- You adopt change and see it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- You demonstrate flexibility and are able to move forward without having all of the answers
- You consistently seek to understand, meet and deliver on customers’ expectations
- You are comfortable with up to 30% of travel in your role to Latin America
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile team and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects
- Experience in leading organizational and enterprise transformation initiatives
- 3+ years of People Management experience
- It would be great if you also had 2+ years of experience as an Agile Coach role is highly desirable
- A deep understanding of Agile with hands-on experience in Scrum/Kanban/XP, etc.
- Excellent facilitation skills in leading teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile mindset
- Adaptive coaching style with the ability to work with teams at various levels and in different locations
- If you are fluent in Spanish, that is a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, information sciences or other related field. Masters / MBA is great but not a requirement
- Training in agile foundations is required (e.g. Scrum Master, Product Owner, Kanban Management Professional, etc.)
- It would be great if you also had LeanSix Sigma training/certification
- Knowledge of/certification in scaled agile methodologies (e.g. LeSS, SAFe, Scrum at Scale, Organizational Kanban, etc.) would also be great
- Advanced knowledge of the application of Agile practices and principles, incremental delivery and experience with metrics to effectively measure: execution, performance, benefits and value
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of sprint velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute against sprint roadmaps
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to succeed
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Requisition ID: 14241