Agile Coach needed to further the use of Agile practices at a large Financial Services company. Ideal Coach will be a strong practitioner with skills to educate and help mature Agile teams. The coach will also work with senior leadership to increase team effectiveness and implement Agile principles. Coach should have an extensive track record of introducing best practices, overcoming challenges and ensuring that the team has all necessary skills to make them successful.
- Train and Coach Agile teams on Agile practices, techniques, and semantics ensuring that all team-related ceremonies take place and those who attend understand their purposes while teaching all to keep within the time-boxes.
- Provide support for the development of a sustainable Enterprise Agile Framework.
- Identify and coach internal Agile champions, to remove reliance on external mentors.
- Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor them for indications of potential problems, and assist teams to implement solutions to those problems.
- Assist in resolving organizational impediments that prevent Agile teams from completing sprint commitments.
- Assist in Agile Iteration and Release Planning
- Provide guidance on creating Agile artifacts
- Facilitate team breakout sessions with an eye on process and related best practices
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience executing Agile projects in large, complex environments
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- World-class facilitation and communication skills
- Candidates need to be able to take a pragmatic approach in coaching the teams with the ability to adapt based on the agile `readiness` of the team they are working with.
- Strong Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- 10+ years in Project Delivery roles (using Agile and Traditional methods)
- 3+ years Agile coaching experience with teams that are new to Agile practices
- 5+ years delivering Agile projects utilizing a variety of methods including Scrum & Scrum at Scale, XP, and Kanban, SAFe using collocated and offshore distributed delivery models
- Financial Services background
- Agile certifications
- Proficiency with multiple Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. JIRA, Rally, Version1)
- Some background as a developer, tester, business analyst
- Experience developing training materials and conducting training