Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an Agile Coach to join our growing team. As an Agile Coach you will be responsible for training, coaching, and agile practice adoption for a large Federal program. This includes developing agile guidance artifacts, creating standards and processes, and training/mentoring program personnel. The Agile Coach will provide hands-on coaching for Programs to facilitate a smooth transformation into Agile processes and capture the best practices for knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Design and develop Agile processes and practices for Agile adoption
- Work with Agile Programs to identify gaps in Agile delivery, and facilitate improvement
- Develop Agile training curriculum and workshops.
- Lead Agile training and workshops for contractor and government staff.
- Facilitate transition of Federal staff into Agile roles as a Player-Coach.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Agile Delivery, Coaching and/or Training – Federal Agile Experience Preferred
- 10-20 years professional experience
- One or more Expert-level Agile certification(s) - SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) etc.
- Experience transforming large, government programs to Agile
- Experience implementing and continually improving Agile principles and practices, and coaching the customer on the recommended approach
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical understanding to connect technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data/analytics focused systems preferred
- Innovative thinking – ability to learn new tools and techniques and apply them to the program
- Bachelor's degree (BS,BA) or equivalent experience, Advanced degree preferred