At TD, we don’t believe in standing still. We know the needs of our customers and employees can be met (and exceeded) with visionary leadership, continuous improvement and collaboration. Our Agile practitioners embody every one of those qualities, improving the way TD delivers legendary customer experiences and trusted advice. Our Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches provide support to teams across the bank, breaking down Agile methods and principles and implementing them in the right context. We foster an inclusive, collaborative project team structure using tailored techniques and best practices. Together, we deliver the foundation teams need to better communicate, innovate with purpose and execute with speed and predictability. We promote rigorous quality and multi-disciplinary collaboration throughout every project, informing the insights that raise the bar enterprise-wide.
Agile Coach II
Think of yourself as an “Agile Captain”. Your thought leadership and seasoned insights help streamline the tactics and coaching techniques of your peers. Together, you provide advice, guidance, training to support the implementation of the Agile methodology across the bank. And from project managers to executives, everyone you work with will benefit from your hands-on coaching style and depth of knowledge about core Agile theory and methodology, including complex concepts like product management, scaling, conflict resolution and forecasting – all within a tangible, comprehensive plan. Your own leadership inspires leadership in others, providing them with the tools they need to own their space, collaborate with others and make TD the better bank.
About This Role
We are looking for an Agile expert – someone to coach Agile teams and key stakeholders, provide the guidance, thought leadership and oversight that will build Agile capability across the organization. You have the experience working with the business, technology and control functions to drive feature based delivery excellence.
Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Provide guidance to multiple Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and teams on how to transition to and operate in scaled (or non-scaled) delivery environments and how to resolve complex problems, growing capability across the organization. Helps teams anticipate internal and external business challenges and find solutions through process, product or service improvements
- Includes direct support of work mobilization activities (e.g., road map development, functional decomposition)
- Ability and responsibility to recognize different Agile approaches / methodologies and align to the TD standard and be held accountable
- Drives continuous improvement of Agile practices and processes with an influence on industry best practices; investigates and (where necessary) escalates all project issues to support effective resolution and increase team performance
- Ability to establish goals and objectives and contribute to the project / team’s overall direction; Provide advice to the team and all levels of leadership, supporting forecasting initiatives and demand in order to help develop annual strategic plan.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in their approach to stakeholder engagement and work to support the Agile transformation agenda
- Supports business and technology ownership to ensure their ability / agile competencies to complete key activities required for agile delivery, including roadmap and story map development and how those activities translate to traditional approaches such as functional decomposition and architectural alignment
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Master in scaled Agile framework (e.g., SAFE) and 7+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Typically requires 10years of Agileexperience
- Experience coaching in distributed Agile delivery environments
- 7+ yrs. of related experience as an Agile coach involved in large-scale Agile transformations
- Expert knowledge of Agile principles and practices, with extensive experience working in an Agile organization