Make investing intuitive through the user experience
The CXD Agile Practice needs to expand its coaching capacity to support the growing CXD agile coaching demand. The new coaches are needed to support demand coming in from the following:
- Start-up and on-going coaching for the additional labs started in early 2020 and planned additional labs in the latter half of 2020
- Scaling challenges that come with the growth of Journeys into Journey families and their inclusion of offline components and internal operations of the journey – ex. QBR
- The training and on-going coaching of a stream of new product owners and journey owners into CXD labs
- Develop and roll out common tools to mature the CXD organization – Health assessments, Coaching engagement models, Time to market metrics, value stream analysis
- The addition of new RIG groups and teams – ex. DA and RIG prod support teams
- The projected expansion of mobile capabilities post-app replacement
- The need to formalize and deliver on a continuous learning plan of training offerings
- Support of other larger RIG organizational transformation efforts
In this role you will…
- Coaches teams and management team towards improving agile process and metrics through the application of Agile principles, evaluate and mentor existing scrum teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, developers and testers.
- Champions implementation of Agile standard methodologies across all teams with high level of collaboration across the organization.
- Fosters an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement using Agile as a strategic asset for business value generation to create impactful results through the use of analysis, design, development, testing and management in an Agile environment.
- Coaches teams to achieve a strong collaborative and interactive team environment. Coaches individuals toward professional growth and interpersonal interactions (including conflict resolution) as needed.
- Facilitates group sessions such as retrospectives, conflict resolution, decision making, team and project kick-offs.
- Capture feedback (including group sessions such as retrospectives, conflict resolution, decision making, team and project kick-offs) and makes recommendations for improvement of enterprise Agile guidance, training materials, and content.
- Monitor client feedback across multiple channels, identify client pain points, and help translate learnings into experience enhancements. Understands the changing business landscape, evolving client needs and trends in the industry.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A design experience that delivers
The Retail Client Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent, purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting around journeys – a client’s end-to-end experience when performing a certain task – while leveraging human-centered design and rapid experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed expectations
What it takes…
- Undergraduate degree in an IT related field or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree referred.
- 5+ years agile experience, including 2+ years as an agile practitioner and 3+ years as an agile coach (~1 year experience in managing multiple agile teams (i.e. scrum of scrums or SAFe))
- Strong communication, facilitation, persuasion and influence, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in employing Scrum, Kanban, and modern engineering practices
- Hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, leading complex multiple technology programs/projects using Scrum; experience with other Agile approaches.
- Experience using tools such as Jira
- IT experience, with end-to-end experience on large-scale systems development projects and process improvements efforts
- Experience delivering and supporting IT projects in the financial/investment domain
- Experience applying concepts and techniques from multiple agile approaches including extreme programming and scrum
- Enthusiastically devoted to driving the adoption and optimization of agile processes, principles and practices
- Ability to coach across multiple functions, lead diverse perspectives and deals effectively with ambiguity and adaptation to change
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, complete multiple and diverse assignments with high quality
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.