This position has primary responsibilities for the day to day operations of multiple crews and sites associated with the aggregate operations in Western Iowa. This position will oversee all staffing and equipment levels are appropriate to perform tasks in line with budgeted cost and production schedules. Safe, efficient production will be a primary concern of this position.
- Promote a safe working culture for all employees; work with safety and field personnel to minimize risk and increase safety for employees at all times
- Ensure safety policies are enforced and safe work practices are applied in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory laws including MSHA, DNR and other agencies as applicable.
- Act in an ethical manner, portray a positive company image and promote customer relations.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for product quality. Responsible for meeting customer, agency and job specific specifications.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring and communicating daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals for productivity, safety and compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Communicate with employees, direct reports, supervisors, peers, customers and the general public in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred. Engineering or Mining emphasis is a plus.
- 5 years of supervisory experience in the mining and transportation industry required.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- A working knowledge of customer specifications required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and trust.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Moderate travelrequired; must be willing to work in or travel to otherlocations as needed.
- Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Job ID: 119287