At Butler/Till, the Agent Experience Supervisor is a highly skilled customer service professional ideally, with general knowledge of marketing activities that oversees all aspects of an agent’s experience. They ensure a positive outcome with each interaction by leading with a solution-based approach. This includes inbound and outbound customer service calls/emails, education and marketing opportunities, face-to-face interactions, and more. He/she identifies and informs program planning by analyzing themes at the agent level.
The Agent Experience Supervisor must manage and motivate direct reports and cross-functional teams to continually deliver an exceptional experience to agents. He/she is focused on the client(s) business goals as they relate to providing an exceptional agent experience, and actively pursue and present creative ideas to help them meet their stated objectives.
The Agent Experience Supervisor leads his/her department autonomously. He/she is responsible for the management of their staff, ensuring effective process, tools and systems and training are place to achieve agent-level satisfaction at every touch point.
The Agent Experience Supervisor manages a team of Agent Experience Managers, Account Managers, or Account Executives. He/she carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal/state laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Agent Experience Team performance and general vitality of the agency/agent relationship
- Effectively motivate and supervise the daily operations of the Agent Experience Team, managing staff in delivering the most positive agent experience
- Set clear team priorities; communicate program objectives and strategies; anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; define success of the Agent Experience Team
- Accomplish work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees to follow, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements
- Facilitate teamwork by delegating and involving junior staff members whenever possible
- Engage clients in forward-thinking agent experience approaches. “Listen” for client challenges, establish context and leverage agency resources to resolve
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability
- Liaise with internal team management to support and implement program growth strategies
- Ensure effective communication with/between all departments and with client contacts in order to resolve conflict, celebrate success, and achieve strong team and client relationships
- Ensure successful adoption/utilization of Butler/Till’s processes and documentation guidelines; keep management apprised of critical concerns and opportunities
- Manage, coach and professionally develop staff
- Provide training support to new team members who are acclimating to the brand, technology and/or agency
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the account
- Motivate and lead internal and external resources, build good relationships with various teams and keep them focused on quality deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement initiatives
- Possess a deep understanding of the client’s business and category and build/maintain a similar understanding within the Agent Experience Team
- Update job knowledge by tracking customer service advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and training
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer Service Specific
- Develop and implement effective customer service policies and procedures while overseeing the on-going achievement and maintenance of agreed customer service levels and standards
- Streamline the 1:1 agent communication and escalation process to ensure an efficient internal operation
- Manage staff in effectively handling agent concerns and resolving escalations
- Develop and maintain a system for reviewing customer service complaints, tracking resolution, and monitoring quality assurance
- Develop and facilitate on-going customer service training, based on the needs of the business
- Oversee the on-going review and assessment of customer service contracts and systems. Ensure we maintain the most effective systems for our needs and are optimizing the existing capabilities and tools of our current systems
- Ensure all necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery
- Monitor accuracy of customer service reporting and data base information
- Inform program strategy by analyzing relevant data and agent service activities to determine appropriate customer service outputs
- Lead the development of customer service metrics; review performance reports and provide ongoing consultation to team to improve performance
- Handle more complex issues/complaints when the situation warrants
- Keep up to date in customer service developments (best practices, systems, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5-10 years of experience in the field of customer service leading a team in both inbound and outbound call initiati