Rabobank N.A. is an award-winning, full-service bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture. With more than $14 billion in assets, Rabobank provides a wide range of financial products and services for individual, business, and food and agribusiness customers. Multi-function ATMs at approximately 100 branches, and online and mobilebanking resources empower Californians to bank when, where and how they want. Committed to service, Rabobank’s more than 1,500 employees take pride in improving their communities personally and professionally. Rabobank N.A. is a nationally chartered bank, FDIC member and equal opportunity lender.
Rabobank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an Ag Relationship Manager located in Santa Maria, CA! The Ag Relationship Manager is responsible for originating, closing, and servicing new and existing business in the market segment assigned, and for portfolio and risk management coordination with different areas within the bank. Actively develops and participates in a business development program to obtain new loans, deposits, and fee-based business. Cross-sells corporate financial products, including cash management, leasing, and treasury management services with profitability objectives. Works independently and in partnership with Financial Analysts and Loan Process Coordinators, and oversees underwriting and structuring of loans. Although supported by Analysts, this position is ultimately responsible for credit quality and proper loan structure. Incumbent must understand credit needs of the client, and be able to recommend proper credit structure to meet client’s financial needs. Participates in industry groups and community, civic events to promote Bank products and services.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Portfolio management; establishing key relationships; business development; and promotion of the full range of Rabobank’s services and products (i.e.: cash management / treasury products, trust services, swaps, etc).
- Managing existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval and Rabobank, N.A.’s credit policy. Follows existing loans to ensure complete compliance with terms of approval. Manages delinquencies at an acceptable level.
- Develops a network of prospective-client referral sources through community and business development activities.
- Effectively represents the Bank while calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business and expand client relationships
- Interviews applicants to obtain sufficient information concerning their specific projects, financial needs, and goals to make acceptable risk determinations for proposed Bank loans.
- Initiates promotion of other Bank products and services to strengthen client relationships.
- Develops close working relationship with other divisional partners such as RetailBanking, REIG, Trust Services, Global Financial Markets, Equipment Leasing and Treasury Services.
- Makes credit solution recommendations.
- Responsible for the credit underwriting process.
- Responsible for understanding quality of the credit portfolio.
- Timely recognition and reporting of potential credit issues.
- Ensure the credit has accurate risk grading.
- Works closely with credit administrators, Financial Analysts, and other support personnel to assure high level of quality in each credit application presented for approval.
- Reviews and approves annual loan reviews completed by Analysts, and ensures reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, assesses customer’s eligibility and suitability for certain products and negotiates acceptable product solutions utilizing product specialists as needed.
- Gives financial and counsel to clients and prospective clients on RNA products.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Undergraduatedegree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Ag related field preferred; or High School Diploma with minimum of 5 years of lending and business development experience, preferably in an Ag capacity.
- Preferred ability to negotiate, structure and underwrite loans; make solid credit recommendations; and manage credit risk.