GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position is a liaison between the company and the growers to monitor farming practices on a daily basis. Position is responsible for coordinating grower plantings and transplanting to meet Dole Fresh Vegetables production goals, accurate reporting of plantings and supervise farming practices of contracted growers to achieve maximum yield and quality.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Provide guidance to growers in order to improve quality and production.
- Supervision of grower plantings vs. actual plantings vs. company’s planting schedule.
- Prepare initial planting schedules and field maps for the region; provide information on new growers and available farmland.
- Supervision of transplanting arrangements between transplant supervisor and grower.
- Provide information on industry norms and maintain a position in the community in order to promote a positive reputation for the company.
- Work closely with harvesting on production issues, crop quality and grower communications.
- Ensure full compliance by growers of all DFV food safety requirements and government regulations.
- Mange growing cost template to obtain best cost to meet company profitability objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, technical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment; must be flexible, even-tempered, a good mediator, and forceful when needed.
- Knowledge of vegetable farming operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable
- Experience should include financialresponsibilities.
- Demonstrated negotiating experience
- Basic knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel and drive, walk fields in various weather conditions.
- Physical requirements: Position requires frequent bending, stooping, standing, walking, crawling, and reaching with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 5-7 years in field operations, including supervision of people
- BS degree in Agriculture or equivalent work experience.
Tracking Code 823