The highly qualified and motivated Aftertreatment Controls Engineer will work at the Technical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will thrive in an environment of opportunity, creativity, and innovation to develop premium, world class products.
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Coordinate with European and North American PACCAR divisions to support successful product launch
- Develop calibration guidelines and performance specifications for production aftertreatment systems
- Determine and recommend optimal strategies and calibration to support aftertreatment system requirements
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to verify aftertreatment hardware and software performance in-vehicle and on dyno
- In-vehicle evaluation and optimization of diesel exhaust aftertreatment systems
- Coordinate and lead extreme environmental condition testing
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in truck or automotive engine/aftertreatment systems controls.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, exhaust systems and emissions approaches applicable to class 5-8 vehicles
- Familiarity with active diesel particulate filters, selective catalytic reduction, and urea delivery systems.
- Experience with engine or aftertreatment calibration, data acquisition systems, on-board diagnostics, and engine control systems
- Organized and disciplined with the ability to react to shifting time and project demands.
- Self-directed with excellent analysis, decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to independently coordinate and lead product development efforts
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including occasional international travel
BS in engineering or appropriate technical field required, MSdegreepreferred.