Pace Packaging, based in Fairfield, New Jersey, is a leading provider of automated bottle unscramblers, bottle orientors, and conveyor cleaning systems. Pace provides solutions across a variety of industries including beverage, food, household chemicals, personal care products, and pharmaceutical for over 40 years.
The LCM Director will lead a professional team of managers, technical experts, customer service representatives and field service technicians, ensuring customers receive prompt and best in class support over the lifetime of the equipment. The LCM Director will ensure that monthly targets for estimates and bookings are aggressively maintained to support the overall revenue target for the Americas region. The ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of the packaging industry, demonstrate the ability to model customer service excellence, train others and create new sources of aftermarket revenue. The position reports to the General Manager in the Fairfield, New Jersey facility and will work in close collaboration with the ProMach Primary Packaging Aftermarket Director.
- Develop and oversee the complete implementation of Life Cycle Management solutions including retrofits, options & upgrades, and spare parts.
- Develop an annual budget and staffing requirements for all LCM departments.
- Manage department expenses in accordance with annual budget.
- Effectively ensure all the support services are provided and meet customer expectations: Product technical support, field service, purchasing, supply chain, training solutions.
- Effectively manage LCM sales by prioritizing, scheduling and delegating work assignments to ensure completion of all work and projects.
- Ensure continuous improvement of LCM order to cash core process.
- Escalate non-conformities or design issues in a timely manner and secure the issue resolution plan until completion.
- Effectively interface with company departments including manufacturing, accounting, human resources, project management, shipping, purchasing, and engineering to address and resolve issues as well as to implement process improvements.
- Develop short and long-range goals and objectives for the Parts/Service departments that effectively support the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Participate in the development and agility of the company via IT systems (Syteline ERP, Syteline CPQ, Syteline Field Service, Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce CRM)
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the other departments including Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Project Management and Machinery Sales so that accurate delivery times are established, tracked, and so that proper intervention and/or prioritization is established to maximize on time delivery of orders.
- Develop and maintain a process for completing comprehensive root cause analysis to eliminate repeat issues.
- Track response time and time to close a customer complaint or known issue and hold team accountable for results and performance.
- Develop and Communicate KPIs allowing the management of activities, the achievement of objectives and the implementation of a continuous improvement process.
- Work with appropriate counterparts at Pace to develop a training program. This should include service technicians as well as customer service representatives.
- Drive continuous improvement based on customer and team feedback.
- Optimize processes to streamline costs.
- Ensure the smooth execution of projects through SAT in collaboration with the dedicated Project Manager.
- Deliver world-class service to customers: training, maintenance, tech support hotline, 24-hour hotline, spare parts sales, service estimates and scheduling.
- Develop positive relationships with customers in order to effectively analyze customer requirements and promote company parts/service products to meet those requirements.
- Oversee the field service office to ensure customer satisfaction through customer machinery support and excellent customer communication.
- Continuous improvement of the field service technician competency to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee field service technician and tech support training requirements to insure Pace has the highest-level skilled tech support resources and service technicians.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by ensuring all customer complaints after the machine SAT are being duly and promptly addressed by technical support & field service team.
- Secure closing of the punch list after customer SAT.
- Solicit customer feedback to maintain strong connection to customer expectations including activities around industry 4.0: predictive maintenance and virtual support services.
- Drive prompt issue resolution with support of the technical department when needed.
- Maintain a best in class customer interface system as the point of entry for customer complaints or request throughout the product life cycle.
Sales & Marketing
- Develop an annual strategic LCM sales and marketing plan.
- Leverage the Salesforce CRM to launch LCM marketing campaigns focused on driving revenue growth.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the LCM sales and marketing efforts including prompt & accurate quoting, bookings, advertising plans, forecasts, proactive activity and market analyses/research for all LCM revenue streams.
- Prepare and conduct presentations promoting Pace products and services.
- Negotiate customer including service , supplier agreements and maintenance .
- Establish a process to ensure a 3-month rolling forecast with continuous improvement.
- Drive revenue growth with proactive initiatives: follow-up of parts quotations, format/presentation of quote materials, program for centralized/consolidated parts for large multimachine users, program for Preferred Service and Maintenance Contracts, customer follow-up regarding service support, recommended spare parts lists, maintenance and customer support in HMI, etc.
- Leverage ProMach Business Intelligence (BI) to make improvements to business processes, identify revenue opportunities and to counter threatening competitor gains.
- Minimum 5 years prior management experience of personnel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical field.
- Strong technical knowledge of packaging and/or capital equipment required.
- Must have strong leadership skills and prior oversight of budgets/P&L’s.
- Ability to interface effectively with customers and departments.
- Previous sales and customer management experience required.
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency, personable, customer-focused and well organized.
- Willing and able to travel at least 25% of the time.
- Ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.