Aftermarket Sales Account Manager
Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Aftermarket Sales Account Manager is focused on equipment rebuild services, is responsible to obtain orders for rebuilding equipment, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers. This position is the key link from the company to the market. Above all though, this position must represent the best interests of the company to the marketplace in terms of ethics, professionalism and cooperation.
KEY FUNCTIONS, SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sales Functions
• Uses value based selling principle to guide work performance.
• Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the individual customer.
• Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of customers.
• Develops technical specifications for equipment rebuilds.
• Submits proposals by referring to technical specifications, cost estimates and product literature prepared by the aftermarket department.
• Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses through customer relationship management (CRM) software Salesforce.
• Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
• Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales using Salesforce.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Oversee rebuild project from start to finish working with aftermarket team.
2. Sales Skills
• Hands on Equipment Knowledge
• Customer Service
• Meeting Sales Goals
• Closing Skills
• Prospecting Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Client Relationships
• Motivation for Sales
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Trade Certificate or Technical Diploma or equivalent experience.
• Salesexperience with strong customer interface mentality
• Preferredexperience involving steel processing, thermal, industrial or mechanical processes in the steel and/or pipe industry.
• Proficiency in PC utilizing MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.