Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Aftermarket Engineer will be responsible for reviewing inspection reports, specifications and customer scope of supply requirements and then subsequently developing engineering requirements to repair, upgrade and manufacture in accordance with customer requirements. The role will release all required information to production control, as needed, for repairs, upgrades and spare parts orders, as required. This position requires more engineering expertise than those of designer roles in Aftermarket.
Core Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Prepares formal manufacturing layouts and drawings, required for product and customer repairs, upgrades and spares orders.
- Exhibits proficiency in broad analytical, design, or development assignments.
- Responsible for reviewing inspection reports prepared by Davidson RTC, providing the engineering required as a basis for preparing price quotations to customers, and releasing engineering required to satisfy contract requirements.
- Prepares estimates of time required to complete contract designs, specifications and drawings.
- Gathers input and interfaces with Inspection, Sales, Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality Control during performance of duties.
- Works to improve existing work practices in the department.
- Responsible to assist in the development of new aftermarket products and to improve existing designs.
- Responsible for accurate, concise, and timely engineering releases to support high-quality repairs and shipments to customers.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing, service and customers as requested by customers and supervision.
- Available on "off hours" (nights & weekends) as designated by management to ensure full coverage of customer requirements during non-working hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 7 years relevant engineering experience, including 2-years of centrifugal compressor or rotating equipment experience, is required.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of centrifugal compressor systems or similar equipment regarding manufacturing, inspection and engineering techniques and procedures.
- Experience with CAD (NX), SAP (or similar business system), personal computers and mechanical equipment is beneficial.
- Innovative, responsible, with leadership aptitude.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.