Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Business Advocate – IT Business Consultant II is responsible for partnering with internal and external clients to develop and resolve operational solutions. Provides technical direction while guiding clients through the implementation of software products. Participates in rotational on-call support.
Hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 9pm – 6am ET
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with a dedicated client to identify and resolve operational issues, to solve problems or make decisions requiring technical expertise or specialized knowledge.
- Participates in team planning and contributes to accomplishment of Client Support goals.
- Participates as subject matter expert in Product testing/validation as needed.
- Serves as liaison between offshore end-users and the information technology organization consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
- Investigates client needs, regulations, and technology to provide input into the design of a new system, system enhancements, or acquired software or hardware.
- Elicits and clearly defines client needs by assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential business solutions.
- Prepares and updates written material and explanations to accompany systems, programs, and program changes.
- Provides complex and/or specialized business function/end-user support to dedicated client.
- Coordinates and executes testing for multiple, major applications. Develops and coordinates training for client personnel.
- Evaluates and documents the performance of tested software and the quality testing process, in conjunction with the development team, to provide feedback to project team and management for current and future reference.
- Provides vendor relations and client support, training and testing within the area of expertise.
- Independently resolves errors and issues as they occur with minimum involvement and guidance from management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior Mortgage or Home Equity Servicing experience highly preferred
- Functional knowledge in the following area(s) may be required:
- Systems network traffic monitoring
- Analyzing network performance and availability
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of mortgage and home equity servicing industry highly preferred
- Familiarity with Black Knight products and services preferred
- Advanced knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used to carry out tasks necessary to prepare business assessment deliverables
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner
- Advanced knowledge of conversion methodologies and the basic principles, processes, phases and roles relevant to each conversion methodology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and e-mail software applications
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies
- Ability to understand and focus on the clients’ needs while establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
- Ability to perform analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to use effective listening skills to develop understanding of user questions or problems
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to establish and manage priorities effectively
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills and manage conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to non-technical and technical audience members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and the public
- Willingness to travel and work at client locations, sometimes for extended periods of time
IT Business Consultant II
Intermediate level role. Possesses a general understanding of developing and resolving operational solutions and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to internal and external clients. Supports several moderately complex projects. Works with business partners within one business function to identify and resolve operational issues, to solve problems or make decisions requiring technical expertise or specialized knowledge. Displays a demonstrated knowledge of the business area to resolve problems on an ongoing business. Generally works on one or more projects at a time as a project team member. Typically requires four (4) or more years of experience in a relevant business analysis/consulting role.