SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Strategic and Global Awareness Directorate (Project West Wing) provides technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security and Intelligence Community customers.
The Space and Global Security (SGS) team provides unique, timely and independent assessment and counsel on current and future threats to the use of space and space-enabled capabilities as well as national strategic systems.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive awareness and understanding of current and developing threats to current and future U.S. strategic deterrence systems, and their enabling launch and ground-, air- and space-based elements. Focus on specific threat domains including but not limited to: electronic warfare; cyber/spacecyber; navwar; directed energy weapons; orbital and ground-based kinetic energy weapons; supply chain; sabotage; signals intercept; nuclear; conventional; and non-conventional threats throughout the world.
- Identify and address the general intelligence, space and non-space threat needs of the Nuclear Operations Directorate in support of the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center and other customers.
- Proactively identify and articulate key threat issues and their impact on customer concerns and requirements; advocate for research to address key national security, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), and counterspace threat issues at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Integrate foundational science and engineering knowledge and practice of non-threat disciplines such as physics, space domain awareness, propulsion, and system engineering with intelligence analytics to provide tailored threat assessments to customers.
- Collaborate with other Project West Wing technical staff as well as reach back to Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group staff to provide comprehensive perspectives and capabilities over a wide breath of threat and intelligence concerns. Engage with Aerospace and government personnel at various levels.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Intelligence Community, national security space and nuclear deterrence organizations, facilitate the exchange of information and analysis, and maintain and enhance products and processes for preparing those products.
- Gather, assimilate, process and analyze a wide spectrum of open and classified sources of data and information, draw conclusions and extrapolate from the available information answers to both specific and general scientific and technical threat intelligence questions.
- Prepare written technical memos, reports and briefings; present results to other Aerospace organizations and government customers as required.
- Assist in identifying and acquiring (as well as occasionally developing) needed analytical tools.
- Travel as required to contractor locations, government facilities, and other Aerospace offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. An advanced degree in an appropriate engineering discipline is desirable.
- Twelve or more years of experience in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline is required. Significant exposure to the Intelligence Community, and the national security space and/or nuclear deterrence communities is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills including the ability to quickly develop deliverable and on-demand products.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with various levels of corporate staff, peers, management, program offices, customers, and contractors.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong technical leadership skills, with proven ability to work with and build teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and independently without management supervision in close proximity.
- The ability to travel is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Current Top Secret clearance and SCI access is required.
Requisition ID: 40258.