Act as senior technical advisor to Strike Group staff N6. Support the Carrier Strike Group and/or the Expeditionary Strike Group /Amphibious ready Group Staff during installation and testing of C4ISR systems. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and others staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to COMSPAWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS on system performance, design and logistics issues.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. As Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
2. Works with shipboard technicians, staff officers, In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and other technicians, installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
3. Documents issues and resolution of issues using Remedy.
4. Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
5. Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with SOVT.
6. Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments between 2-4 months and overseas travel.
Minimum Secret, TS with eligibility or TS/SCI preferred
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Minimum of BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) and 3 years technical experience or 7 years technical experience with Afloat Navy or Marine Corps C4I required. Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy requirements) with appropriate IA certification required and computing environment certification highly desired. Operating systems can include Cisco, Unix (Linux/Solaris), and/or Windows 2003, 2008(R2) and Win7. VMWare and working knowledge of storage technologies including NetApp and IBM storage highly desired.
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Navy C4I, with experience in some of the following required: Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange 2003/2007, ISA/TMG server application, Alcatel Switches 7700/6800, CISCO routers and switches, VMWare, NetApp and/or IBM Storage. Familiarity with configuring/troubleshooting servers, Cisco Routers/Switches or Alcatel Switches, Cisco Access Control Lists, TCP/IP, and security protocols required. Knowledge of Command and Control display systems such as GCCS-M and/or DCGS-N preferred. Experience with Information Assurance – HBSS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and eEYE Retina Scanning tools/ACAS, WSUS required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Experience using Remedy for ticket documentation/resolution desired. General experience with RF systems highly desired.
Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel. Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel and review/understand technical documentation. Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity involving multiple sites and systems.