VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking a Afloat & Ashore Network Engineer Lead located in San Diego, CA.
Act as senior technical advisor to support the installation and testing of C4ISR systems. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and others staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to SPAWAR on system performance, design and logistics issues.
- As Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Works with shipboard technicians, staff officers, In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and othertechnicians, installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Documents issues and resolution of issues using Remedy.
- Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with SOVT.
- Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments between 2-4months and overseas travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information System or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant degree. Working knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), CISCO Adaptive Security Appliance and CISCO Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) administration.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documents including drawings, manuals, procedures, and other related documentation. Four (4) years of working knowledge of Navy Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES). Four years (4) of working knowledge with C4ISR systems specific to Navy Network Operations Centers (NOCs) or DoD equivalent operation centers.
- Four (4) years of Tier III and IV network maintenance experience with Navy ship to shore networks or relevant DoD networkarchitectures.
- Deployable to support Navy operational requirements, Navy exercises and other SPAWAR FRD specific projects.
- Must have a Secret or Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) desired
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing & Switching (CCNP R&S) desired
- Working knowledge of the following systems is desired: Navy ONE-NET and NMCI computer systems will be used primarily. Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Configuration Manager 2012, Remedy, VMWare, Nexxus Storage, Quantum, CommVault, Visio, HBSS, also utilized.