Reporting to the Senior Manager, Demand Generation, the Affiliate Manager at Jobber will be responsible for growing this new channel of revenue for us. We’re looking for someone who can come in and build and activate relationships with new and existing affiliate partners to scale this channel.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is data-driven, excels under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is motivated by results. You’ll work extensively with the Sales and Partnerships teams to validate the current funnel, create performance reports, and ensure we’re not just hitting, but also exceeding, key KPI’s. We’re looking to build the best Affiliates program in the home services space and want to ensure all best practices are in place.
The Affiliates Manager will:
- Build authentic relationships. We’re on a mission to help small businesses be successful, and the types of affiliates we want to work with are just as empathetic towards our customers as we are.
- Recruit and build a high-value and large network of affiliate partners. You’ll be responsible for understanding who to connect with, where to find them, and how to engage with them to expand the Jobber reach.
- Manage the full sales cycle for the affiliate partnerships. From finding new leads through prospecting to making first impressions, negotiating compensation structure to benefit both parties, integration and follow-up, you’ll be involved from top to bottom. This position has a bonus plan attached to ensure you’re compensated for finding and closing the right deals.
- Connect and engage with their network. You’ll help create and distribute newsletters and emails designed to keep partners in the loop of new product updates, incentive programs, creative launches and any changes.
- Be able to pivot. You’ll be the driver behind new content and promotions to help our network succeed with traffic and conversion rate goals, but if things aren’t going well you can change things fast. You’ll monitor our SEM and media activity to ensure there’s no violations and can take immediate actions to correct. You’ll monitor our internal data to help protect against fraudulent activity.
- Be comfortable juggling tasks and also driving them. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be balancing multiple priorities at once, so the successful candidate will thrive under pressure.
- Collaborate and listen. You’ll be working with various internal partners across the organization to manage the integration of the correct affiliates tooling and reporting to help optimize performance and assist in changing things if it’s not working.
To be successful, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in a performance/direct response/affiliate marketing role for a technical product or digital advertising agency.
- The ability to work at a fast-pace without compromising quality. You’ll be working on multiple projects with different deadlines at a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- The ability to work independently. We’re looking for someone who has been part of building and managing an affiliate program and can do it again with little direction. You’re eager to look for opportunities to help Jobber grow without being told where to look and what to look for.
- Solid customer service skills. When you’re talking to new customers you can build relationships and earn trust quickly, handle negotiations like a seasoned veteran, and always have a strong commitment to providing the best experience possible. Being okay with cold calling doesn’t hurt, either.
- The ability to collaborate with the creative and the technical. Whether it’s working with our Brand and Creative team to develop high-performing creative assets, or reporting to our Finance and BizOps teams about transactions to ensure timely reporting, you’re able to communicate the right information with key stakeholders around the organization.
- Client and project management chops. Being organized is going to be important, especially when dealing with tight timelines and important information. Whether you’re dealing with an internal or external stakeholder, it’s important to understand, support, explain, and pitch to them no matter their experience with affiliates.
Bonus points for:
- Previous hands-on experience in affiliate marketing for a SaaS company or tech startup is definitely a plus.
- A track record of achieving ambitious revenue and performance targets
- Previous day-to-day use of CJ Affiliate, PartnerStack, and/or ShareASale
- Experience leveraging Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to analyze, interpret and report on performance and opportunities for growth and optimization
- BA or BS in Marketing, Business, Strategy, or related fields. MBA or MS in Marketing, Business or related field is a plus.