Our client provides top aerospace solutions for military applications. They are hiring an Aerospace Test Engineer to design and implement rigorous test plans for electronics and systems of various air and land vehicles.
The Aerospace Test Engineer will have full authority over the test program. They will design and oversee multi-point inspections, lab tests, field performance tests, and post-processing data analysis to ascertain product flaws and performance issues. They will work closely with the engineering to optimize products before hand-off to the end customer.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental plans, 401(k) match, life insurance, PTO, holidays, and other perks.
- Opportunity to work on high-profile military aerospace products.
- High degree of influence over the testing program.
- Strong support for training, certifications, and continuing education.
- "Engineering comes first" ethos within the design team. Heavily engineering-centric company culture with experienced management.
- Stable company with strong history of building top-grade components and equipment.
- Strong collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent industry reputation.
- Design test strategy to ensure new products meet customer requirements. Oversee the testing strategy from start to finish through the product development lifecycle.
- Complete test cases in lab and field settings, documenting test results and providing feedback to the product development team.
- Perform product validation and test features and functionality based on customer use cases.
- Conduct field performance testing, modeling/simulation, and data analysis to measure performance and identify defects and bugs.
- Oversee all test operations on military test sites.
- Document product defects and work with engineering team to recreate issues and develop resolutions.
- Author final reports and deliver updates to customers. Give testing feedback to team.
- Collaborate as needed with marketing team on product specs, marketing strategy, and analysis of competitor products.
- 5+ years in a product engineering or field testing role, ideally with industry experience in mixed signal electronics and aerospace.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in either aerospace engineering or electrical engineering.
- Proficiency with MATLAB, Simulink, and other modeling/simulation tools.
- Strong understanding of technical product development lifecycle: design, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing.
- Methodical approach to systems testing, with the ability to design comprehensive process-oriented test scenarios to detect problems early in the product life cycle.
- Precise documentation skills.
- Secret clearance (or ability to obtain); US citizenship required.