The Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and maintaining long-term relationships withcustomers, primarily within the Pacific Northwest. Coordinates direct marketing, estimating and sales efforts for customer requirements. Manages, plans, and organizes the estimating, marketing and sales activities for all Hytek business. Works with Sales Directors at the Regional and National level on sales efforts outside the Pacific Northwest.
- Identify profitable, new business opportunities in line with Hytek Finishes’ Sales Plan.
- Meet or exceed established sales and bookings goals as dictated by current budget and forecast.
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with key influencers within current and potential target customers.
- Represent Esterline Hytek with Platform sales activities outside of PNW.
- Provides direction, process and procedures for estimating staff.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the technical applications of Customers and potential users of Hytek’s services.
- Develop and present annual sales and bookings forecast.
- Maintain awareness of competitors and their strategies.
- Remain current on industry events affecting primary customers and competition.
- Prepare and make presentations to customers as well as Esterline Staff.
- Communicate sales activities and strategies to local leadership team on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain budget for travel and operating expenses.
- Develop business plan to support growth objectives and company strategies.
- Take active role in pricing recommendations and strategic rationale.
- Develop suggestions or recommendations for new processing technology projects based on customer needs and opportunities.
- Travel a minimum of 25% in the Pacific Northwest.
- Attend technical / training seminars.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Development of exhibit material.
- Development of advertising material.
- Manage team of sales professionals
- Develop, implement & execute sales strategy to achieve corporate revenue & profitability goals
- Serve in leadership role with local Esterline Hytek Senior Leadership on regular basis
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment committed to the delivery of innovative solutions to the target market.
- Ability to travel >25% - most travel will be in the local Puget Sound area.
- Well organized in approach to work and disciplined in evaluating priorities.
- Requires a goal-oriented person who has the ability to meet company/departmental goals and to adhere to company/departmental policies and procedures.
- Must possess and exercise effective organizational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Ability to drive and provide proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be dependable and able to maintain good attendance track record.
- Be a strong team player and communicator with all contacts.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, courteous, and outgoing.
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for a front line leader:
- Approachability - Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease.
- Directing Others – Sets directions, distributes work, lays out clear plans, is organized.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organization
- Motivating Others - Empowers others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, shares ownership and visibility.
- Sizing Up People - Good judge of talent; sees the importance of effectively using each person’s strengths.
- Organizing - Able to orchestrate effective use of all available resources.
- Planning - Ability to develop schedules and task/people assignments.
- Priority Setting - Able to quickly zero in on the critical few leaving the trivial many.
- Building Effective teams - Knows when and how to use teams and uses them effectively.
- Managerial Courage - Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problem people or situations.
- Fairness to Direct Reports – Treats employees as adults and maintains equitable relationships.
- Drive for Results - Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, technical discipline preferred.
- 5 years’ experience of successful sales management experience within a technical sales environment. Knowledge of aerospace finishing would be a distinct advantage, knowledge of the aerospace manufacturing industry in general would be strongly preferred.
- 5 years’ experience of working as an integral part of a successful technical sales team.
- 5 years’ experience of growing NEW business within a technical sales environment.
Essential Mental/Physical Demands
Sitting for long periods in an office environment. Walking throughout the facility. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis. Extensive use of hands in writing, use of the computer and other office equipment. Ability to communicate in person, email and by phone.
- Day Shift: Monday through Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm