Aerospace Quality Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a US Aerospace Quality Manager for our Salt Lake City, UT, USA, Casa Grande AZ, USA or Kent, WA, USA location.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Overall responsibility for the Quality Assurance practices within the US business, and act as functional lead for US Aerospace Quality Managers.
- Create, develop and implement innovative programs in order to ensure commercial readiness, coordinating activities with functional managers and their teams to maintain an integrated approach
- Act as high-level primary Quality Customer interface
- Act as Quality representative at US Operations meetings
- Lead US Quality Improvement programs
- Lead projects through teams to drive higher standards and change behavior as necessary in the business. Manage key stakeholder to implement change initiatives effectively
- Co-ordinate US Quality metrics & drive improvements to meet targets/goals.
- Maintain and review US Quality audit programs, and promote use of control plans and FMEAs
- Take active involvement in critical Route Cause and Corrective action (RCCA) efforts
- Prepare monthly reports including corrective and preventative action, making recommendations for continual improvement in line with business needs
- Establish and manage the budget
- Lead Statistical Process Control (SPC) & Process Capability improvements efforts
- Integrate/Support Quality Improvement, Defect Prevention & Right First Time activities related to the Hexcel Operating System
- Teach, mentor & lead throughout US org to promote quality & process capability to achieve nearly 100% right first time quality.
- Be the US FOD Elimination Champion.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional quality management experience operating in US management role within Quality Assurance and Quality Control, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in technical field i.e. Engineering, Quality, or other related
- Practical auditing experience. ISO management system implementation required
- Exceptional customer relationship skills (internal and external)
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to manage teams to deliver improvements, and influence change at all levels
- Good understanding of process capability, metrics and improvement methodology and tools e.g. Six Sigma, 5S, Lean
- Excellent PC skills with the ability to produce high quality document deliverables in short time scales
- Strong project management skills with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to travel 50% of the time