SNC is searching for highly motivated engineers and engineering leads to develop and integrate new capabilities in space and near-space platforms, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Thepreferred candidate will have a mix of space system development and payload integrationexperience, and/or a background in space or near-space I&T and mission operations. Open positions include mission managers, system engineers, payload integration engineers, andtechnologydevelopment leads. Excellent technical management, team leadership, and communication skills are critical. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders is a must.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supports successful engineering execution and fully compliant technical performance for major spacecraft and near-space development and production programs
- Provides input to the Chief engineer regarding programmatic impact of technical approaches, issues, and risks
- Develops program technical baselines including requirements, specifications, SOWs and Specs for purchased components, and ICDs
- Supports Integrated Product Team(s) activities, documents meetings and tracks action items
- Supports the preparation and conduct of major technical reviews, including design and test/launch readiness reviews;
- May lead troubleshooting of spacecraft design challenges, I&T issues, or on-orbit anomalies resulting in successful resolution
- Supports engineering interface with Operations groups as multi-spacecraft production programs transition from design verification into production and sustaining engineering
- Supports new business activities with spacecraft and near-space conceptual design development and proposal support
- Other duties as assigned
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
**Active TS clearance is required. SCI clearance is a plus.**
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 6+ years previous experience.
- Proven success in an Engineering role on commercial, civil, or DoD space or near-space systems
- 6+ years of experience in life cycle phases of space mission execution, from development through mission operations. I&T experience strongly desired.
- Strong communication skills and collaboration abilities demonstrated on programs with both small and large teams
- BS in Engineering in a related discipline, MSpreferred
- Ability to work highly independently with broad direction, where effectiveness is judged by results obtained
- Understanding of an Earned Value management environment is preferred
- Must be capable of applying knowledge toward solving problems of a developmental nature, and be capable of working alone or with a technical team in a fast paced rapidly changing environment where quick reaction capability (QRC) and rapid prototyping is the norm