We are seeking an industry expert to grow the market for our Technical Computing and Model-Based Design products in the Radar, Communications, and Sensor Systems (e.g. EW, ESM, EO/IR, and sonar) segments of the Aerospace & Defense industry. As the Sensors and Radar AeroDef industry manager you will develop and execute on plans to drive increased adoption of MATLAB and Simulink family of products in the Sensors, Radar, and Communications Systems segments of the AeroDef industry.
You will collaborate with the sales team, marketing, engineering, and other teams at MathWorks worldwide to develop the industry strategy, marketing message, supporting content, and marketing plan, as well as contribute to the long-term technology roadmap. Through these efforts you will shape how the industry and customers perceive MathWorks and also champion the impact of industry trends on MathWorks product development plans.
- Develop long-term roadmap of worldwide sensors and radar programs on which MathWorks technology is or could be deployed and target engagement with the program teams through the supply chain to drive and maintain tool adoption.
- Through research and customer visits in the US, Europe and Asia, understand the opportunity for MathWorks tool adoption
- Work directly with customer facing engineers and sales to develop and execute plan for adoption
- Maintain relationship with programs over length of programs, some of which last for years
- Drive awareness of MathWorks within the AeroDef industry across Americas
- Develop marketing programs and supporting materials, and use the web to effectively drive promotion in Americas
- Produce articles, technical papers, and user stories in support of AeroDef industry
- Deliver presentations at conferences and industry events and serve as the AeroDef spokesperson for Americas
- Drive both public and technical awareness of MathWorks engagement and usage within the sensors and radar segment.
- Develop marketing plans and supporting materials for promotion inside and outside of the segment, including press releases, press interviews, user stories, and technical papers and articles with particular attention to significant program milestones
- Engage with the sensors and radar community through participation at conferences and industry events and serve as the segment spokesperson for MathWorks
- Develop business strategy for sensors and radar segment
- Analyze sensors and radar segment adoption, usage and growth as key business performance metrics and develop plans to increase adoption
- Work closely with worldwide engineering staff to capture key sensors and radar segment customer needs and in development of new features and products to support these needs
- Identify and work with critical partners to provide a complete solution for customer needs.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- MS or higher degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience with MathWorks products (MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow) or other multi-domain simulation software
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated experience (7+ years) in the sensors and radar segment including one or more of these areas: algorithm development, tracking and sensor fusion systems, multi-function AESA system design, sensor resource scheduling/management, and sensor system integration and test.
- Experience and motivation supporting sales and engaging with customers in a multi-national environment
- Travel time will amount to approximately 40% of the time