Aeronautical Engineer Senior Staff / Structure Design / Advanced Programs
Job Description :
Advanced Development Programs
This position requires an Airframe Design Engineer to use their technical expertise to develop innovative and ingenious solutions to highly complex technical problems.
The candidate will have advanced and thorough knowledge in the field of aircraft structural design and will have a broad knowledge of all related disciplines.
This position will require the successful applicant to act as a technical leader for large groups and as a mentor to junior engineers.
The candidate will be responsible for leading groups responsible for the layout and detail modeling of aircraft structure, structural assemblies, participation in trade studies, creation and maintenance of interface control drawings, and coordination with Integrated Product Teams.
The candidate will be capable of planning and initiating their own work, and assigning and checking the work of their team members.
Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in US. This position is located at a facility that requires special access
- 12+ years experience in aerospace or structure design
- Experience with Composite Design and Manufacturing
- Technical leadership experience
- Bachelor OR Above Degree in a Engineering Technical Discipline
- Must have a Secret Clearance with a Background Investigation within the last five years to Start
- CATIA V5
- Experience with a PLM (Enovia, Teamcenter, Windchill, etc.)
- Experience with Fibersim
- Experience with hand analysis for initial part layout
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Excellent writing and communication skills