The Flight Engineering Capability is an exciting organizational element in Boeing Defense, Space & Security responsible for Flight Engineering work statements. Product areas within the Flight Capability in the St. Louis/St. Charles region include Fighter Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft, and Missiles/Weapons Systems, and includes Flight disciplines in Aerodynamics, Propulsion and GN&C. The set of specialized capabilities and skills maintained by our teammates are the foundation of what defines the majority of our Boeing products; things that FLY! The St. Louis region is growing, and Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing team on the exciting programs located in this region. Selected candidates will work a wide range of programs that will require Aerodynamic design, analysis and testing to meet our customers' requirements.
Boeing is recruiting for a mid-career Aerodynamics Engineer to execute aero statement of work on one of these new product design, development and integration projects in the areas of Fixed Wing Aircraft and/or Missile Systems. The Flight Engineering Capability supports the business in all aspects of the product life cycle with aerodynamic engineering design, analysis, testing, integration, demonstration and certification. This position will serve as a member of a technical team of engineers in the areas of aerodynamic performance, stability and control, and/or weapon separation in the design and analysis of flight vehicles and their components.
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Performs aerodynamic design and analysis of flight vehicles to ensure that the vehicle meets requirements.
- Key contributor to developing new and improving existing technologies, tools and processes to enhance technology readiness, improve vehicle performance and reduce cycle time and cost.
- Conducts, coordinates and/or develops test requirements to meet test objectives using established processes.
- Assesses the impact of proposed regulations to determine the effect on cost, performance, producibility, maintainability and safety.
- Supports certification and qualificationprocesses of the aerodynamic characteristics of flight vehicles.
- Assists in training others.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree required
- Experience with aerodynamic design principles, tools, and processes for air vehicles, including industry and company standards and practices.
- Experience independently performing aerodynamic design tasks within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with aerodynamic analysis principles, processes, methods, and tools for flight vehicles.
- Experience in the execution of the Aerodynamic engineering aspects of a project or program in the areas of flight performance, stability and control and/or weapon separation to a technology readiness level to create and validate new designs and analysis processes.
- Experience of flight vehicle handling qualities, control law development, and performance characteristics (e.g., aerodynamics, flight dynamics, physics, weight and balance, and system analyses).
- Experience with certification and/or qualificationprocesses and procedures, including general knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Highly preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.