Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications.
Woolpert is seeking an Aerial Sensor Operator Team Leader to perform, coordinate, and manage professional flight duties involving all Aerial Sensor Operators and equipment applicable to Woolpert acquisition efforts.
- Manage team (including decisions and actions to right size the team), coordination of schedules, and insurances of availability to perform the work.
- Share joint responsibilities for supporting mission planning, aircrew mobilization, weather decisions, and – to a lesser extent - airspace coordination as required.
- Manage the planned and unplanned maintenance of the company’s owned aerial sensors
- Perform data quality control as needed.
- Work very closely with Woolpert’s Aerial Acquisition Discipline Leader and Pilot Team Leader to coordinate teams to perform acquisition based on the project backlog, and relative to weather, ground conditions, staff availability, and equipment up time.
- While not a primary role of the position, the successful candidate will also be able to operate sensors and willing to fly in the company’s aircraft while doing so.
- Previous aerial photography and/or LiDAR mapping experiencerequired.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8years of related experience, or 16 years plus related experience.