Based in Manhattan, GSUSA is currently looking to hire an experienced AEM Developer to work hand-in-hand with our current AEM Vendor as our in-house resource to help manage all GSUSA applications currently on the AEM platform, girlscouts.org, Volunteer Tool Kit and all Council Websites.
This position will be the stepping stone to building out a larger development team. Join us on our exciting journey to make a significant difference for our parents, volunteers, councils, and most importantly, our girls.
- A true technologist who enjoys complex and extensive web application development.
- An individual contributor with significant expertise in complex content management solutions.
- Someone who can work effectively both as an individual, and as part of a team that is led by a Project Manager.
- Assist clients in achieving strategic objectives through technology solution implementation, taking a technical leadership role in some circumstances.
- Translating business requirements into technical details relevant to Adobe CQ5.
- Ensuring quality of code is high for themselves and other team members.
- Designing reusable CQ5 components for authoring content.
- QA/Unit testing with team.
- Troubleshooting and defect remediation.
- Understand the client's technical environment and how they use technology to provide the best, focused advice.
- Provide input into estimating engagement activities and execute engagements following the Agile methodology including SCRUM.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working closely with Enterprise Architect and internal IT teams on Technology Roadmap Items and overarching Infrastructure work.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience in the development industry.
- 2-3 years minimum technical experience with Adobe CQ5/AEM content management systems.
- Web portal back-end development experience.
- End-to-end knowledge of the web application space including web server configuration, tuning, proxies and load balancing.
- Strong background in scalability and automation.
- Strong Java/J2EE/JSP experience - minimum of 4 years developing large system applications.
Job ID 2017-1135